Step One Hundred and Eighty-Four



Step 184. My Questions Are Greater Than I Had Realized Before.
What you are really asking for is far greater than what you have entertained before. Though your questions may have arisen out of immediate circumstances, you are asking for far more than immediate resolution to immediate things. Immediate resolution will be given, but from a Greater Source. It is this Greater Source that you are seeking, for you are seeking to realize your nature here, and you are seeking to find the preparation that will enable you to contribute your gifts so that your work in the world may be complete. Therefore, understand that you are here to serve. You are here to give. And in so doing, you will find your fulfillment. This will produce happiness for you.

In your two longer practice periods today, once again enter into stillness and silence, keeping in mind that stillness cultivates the mind to receive. In stillness you find that things are known already that you have neglected thus far. From these practice periods your mind will become more refined and have greater depth, greater concentration and a greater focus in all aspects of your life.

What you are seeking today is something greater than you have considered before. You are seeking to know the meaning of your Knowledge through its demonstration.

Practice 184:
 
Two 30-minute practice periods.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

August 23, 2013 Round One: Oh this is so true for me today! I am indeed seeking a Greater Source, seeking to realize my nature here, and seeking to find the preparation that will enable me to contribute my gifts. So I am asking for something far greater than I have entertained before, something that does not arise out of my immediate circumstances, something far more than immediate resolution of immediate things. I am learning to reach for those things that I really already know in my deeper mind, but which become lost in the constant chatter and busyness of my surface mind. I seek that stillness where all things become known. I seek the Truth, and I feel I can handle it.


February 2, 2015 Round Two: "Therefore, understand that you are here to serve. You are here to give. And in so doing, you will find your fulfillment. This will produce happiness for you."

This is what stands out for me this time. As I continue practicing Steps to Knowledge, I am coming closer to this Greater Source, from where all true answers come. The insignificant, inconsequential and petty things are falling away. My life is simpler and clearer. I do not rush to seek answers, I let things be and unfold as they will, but ever mindful that I am here to serve, here to give, and this will produce happiness.
January 2, 2019 Round Three: I am seeking to know the meaning of my Knowledge through its demonstration. There is something deeper I am seeking that I don’t even know about. In stillness, I will come closer to revealing what this is. I feel I am coming closer. The Truth is being revealed.
Meditation - 5.13 - 5.26. I am asking Knowledge to show me what I am ready to know. I went to the dark space of Knowledge - it is inky black and dense, but soft and caressing, as though being enveloped in black silk, it flows over and around me, not cloying or suffocating, but airy and free. There is no light at first, but if I sink into it and do not panic, I finally reach a lighter place - at first gray, but getting lighter and fuller and more iridescent. The trick is not to feel alarmed by the dark inky place that has no light - this is "Hell" for those who struggle and do not yield to their circumstances, they will flounder there forever. For those who yield and surrender, the darkness abates and they move into the light - into "Paradise." This is my understanding today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen