Step One Hundred and Seventy



Step 170. I Am Following The Ancient Rite Of Preparation Today.
This preparation that you are undertaking is ancient in its origin. It has been used for centuries, in this world and in other worlds as well. It is only adapted in its language and in its relevancy to your current time, yet it prepares the mind in the way that minds have always been prepared in The Way of Knowledge, for Knowledge does not change and the preparations only adapt themselves to current events and current understanding so that they may be relevant for the recipients. Yet, the true mechanism for preparation is unchanged.

You are undertaking an ancient rite in the reclamation of Knowledge. Born of the Great Will of the Universe, this preparation has been constructed for the advancement of students of Knowledge. You are working in tandem now with many other individuals, both within this world and within other worlds as well. For Knowledge is being taught in all worlds where intelligent life exists. Thus, your efforts are supported and embellished by the efforts of those who are preparing with you. In this, you represent a community of learners. Think not, then, that your efforts are singular. Think not, then, that you are alone in the world undertaking the reclamation of Knowledge. Think not, then, that you are not part of a community of learners. This will be more evident to you in time as you begin to recognize those who are preparing with you. This will be more evident in time as your experience of the presence of your Teachers deepens. This will be more evident in time as the results of your Knowledge become evident even to you. This will be more evident in time as you consider your life as part of a Greater Community of Worlds.

Remind yourself of your practice upon the hour. In your deeper practices in stillness, receive the benefit of all who practice with you. Remind yourself that you are not alone and that their rewards are given to you as your rewards are given to them. Thus, you share in your accomplishments together. The power of your undertaking is so tremendously supported by the endeavor and the giving of others that it far exceeds your own abilities. When this is realized, it will give you all manner of encouragement and will banish forever the idea that you are inadequate to the tasks that are given to you. For your giving is supplemented by the giving of others, and this represents the Will of God in the universe.

Practice 170: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

July 14, 2013 Round One: I feel very encouraged by this Step and what it says about working in tandem with other students of Knowledge, being part of a community of learners, not being alone in my efforts to reclaim Knowledge. I so want to bring the New Message to a Russian audience, translate the texts into Russian, especially Steps to Knowledge, but it seems such a daunting task and often I scoff at myself for even thinking that I might be able to tackle it. Russian is not my native language, so it seems very presumptuous and even the height of arrogance to even consider that I might be able to render something as important as Steps in a language that is not my own. But this Step tells me I do not need to do it alone, it need not be all my own effort, I could just make a contribution, start the ball rolling, and then work in tandem with others. This Step says:

"The power of your undertaking is so tremendously supported by the endeavor and the giving of others that it far exceeds your own abilities. When this is realized, it will give you all manner of encouragement and will banish forever the idea that you are inadequate to the tasks that are given to you."

So I take encouragement today in the fact I am following The Ancient Rite of Preparation, please let it prepare me in the tasks that are given to me.

January 15, 2015 Round Two: This time the things that I am told will become more evident are indeed becoming so. I am beginning to recognize those who are preparing with me, my experience of the presence of my Teachers is deepening, and the results of my Knowledge are becoming evident even to me. And I continue to take great comfort in knowing I am working in tandem with others, both within this world and within other worlds as well. I am dancing in a circle of expanded life. I am not alone, I am part of a community of learners.

P.S. June 2017 saw the completion of our Russian translation of Steps to Knowledge. And indeed, it was a joint effort. Three of us worked in perfect harmony and accomplished our task. 
December 18, 2018 Round Three: I am undertaking a preparation that is ancient and only adapted to the current circumstances of those studying at any given time, in any given world. I am not alone in my endeavors, I am supported by and receive the benefits of those studying with me. This is a community effort, we work on this together. This becomes more evident as my experience of the presence of my Teachers deepens. So I keep going, because I am not doing this for myself alone. I am part of a greater effort that extends out into this world and beyond.
No meditation this morning. I am less and less inclined to spend time doing this in the morning. Am I really becoming way too complaisant? Or has it just become so integrated into my being and natural to me that I no longer need to set aside specific times? I feel as though I live in stillness and live the Steps every minute. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen