Step One Hundred and Six



Step 106. There Are No Masters Living In The World.
There are no masters living in the world, for Mastery is attained beyond the world. There are advanced students. There are students of great accomplishment. But there are no Masters living in the world. Perfection is not found here, only contribution. Whoever remains in the world remains to learn the lessons of the world. The lessons of the world must be learned not only in your individual life, but in a life of contribution as well. Your genuine education far exceeds what you have realized thus far. It is not merely the correction of errors. It is the contribution of gifts.

There are no masters living in the world. Therefore, you may relieve yourself of the great burden of attempting or requiring Mastery for yourself. You yourself cannot be a Master, for life is the Master. That is the great difference that will make all of the difference for you when you come to understand its true meaning and benefit.

In your two practice periods today, think of all the individuals that you have considered to be Masters—individuals you have met, heard of or imagined, individuals in the past and individuals living presently. Think of all the qualities that have made them Masters and how you have used them to judge yourself and to evaluate your life and your behavior. It is not the purpose of advanced students to become the criteria for self-condemnation by those of lesser capabilities. That is not their gift, though they must understand in time that their gifts will be so misconstrued.

Accept your unburdening as we remind you that there are no Masters living in the world. In your two longer practice periods, try to realize this. Try to realize the relief that is being given to you. But do not make the mistake of thinking that this leads to passivity on your part, for greater than ever will be your involvement in the reclamation of Knowledge. Greater than ever will be your commitment to the emergence of Knowledge. Now your involvement and commitment may move forward more rapidly, for they are becoming unburdened by your idealism, which can only lead you astray.

Practice 106:
 
Two 30-minute practice periods.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 2, 2013 Round One: I am unburdened from the task of achieving Mastery in this world and I have known no Masters in my life. To achieve Mastery is to achieve perfection and no one can be perfect. I can only try to do my best, contribute what I am able, remain dedicated and keep moving on, aware of what is being offered me and honoring the part of me that is being addressed.
"You yourself cannot be a Master, for life is the Master."
November 5, 2014 Round Two: I fully appreciate how there can be no Masters living in the world, since the world is a place, a stepping stone, on the way to mastery, a school for learning, a place for reclaiming Knowledge, and true Masters have different needs.

As I practiced today and thought of people I have considered to be Masters, I realized I have had no personal experience with such individuals. Those I may have entertained thoughts about proved not to be, for authentic masters do not declare themselves, do not claim to know more than others, do not flaunt their skills. If they do, they are charlatans. Advanced students who are truly on their way to mastery are quiet, humble and unobtrusive people. People are drawn to them, they do not seek an audience. I strive to be like them, they do not serve as a source of self-condemnation for me, I do not misconstrue their gifts as something to bring me down and show me my inadequacies. Instead they spur me on to greater contribution in my own life. They show me where I need to go, how to follow, how to enhance my own life so that my gifts may be given. I am unburdened of the need to be a master, to achieve mastery while in the world. I am free to continue my ascent up the mountain.


October 15, 2018 Round Three: I am still where I was the second time. I have had no experience with people I consider Masters in the world. I like to think I am an advanced student, but I do not talk about this or try to impress it on anyone. I just recognize the advantages I have, my relationships, my surroundings, my job, my circumstances, the people I am with and the things I do. All is in harmony and I am in touch with my inner knowing, Knowledge. I do not need to be a master, for that is not the point, but I am heading in the right direction.


First meditation - 9.30 - 9.40. Was interrupted by the neighbor ringing at the door. She must have been wanting money to buy more booze, since they were up all night drinking. I didn’t answer the door. I am thinking of going on a long walk. The weather is gorgeous.


I spent about three-and-a-half hours in the forest. I walked quite a way, but not as far as I thought I might. I returned and went to the far swimming hole and took a dip. I lay out. It was so warm. I did three recordings for Hilary along the way.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen