Step Fifty-Eight


Time by Elfresh/Deviantart.com

Step 58. Knowledge Is With Me.
Today we affirm the presence of Knowledge in your life. Upon each hour claim this affirmation and then take a moment to attempt to feel this presence. You must feel it. You cannot conceive of it alone, for Knowledge must be experienced. In whatever circumstance you find yourself in today, repeat this affirmation once upon the hour and attempt to feel its meaning. You will find that there are many situations that you thought were inappropriate for practice where you can practice. In this way, you will find that you have the power to govern your experience to meet your true inclinations, and you will find that any circumstance is an adequate environment for true preparation and self-application.

Try to practice each hour. Remain conscious of your time. If an hour is missed, do not worry, but rededicate yourself to practice in the remaining hours as you proceed. Knowledge is with you today. Today be with Knowledge.

Practice 58: Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/


Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

January 17, 2013 Round One: I affirm the presence of Knowledge in me, and indeed it can only be experienced, since I cannot put it into words—this knowing that Knowledge is with me. The mind is a fabulous thing, it has unchartered and unknown depths just waiting to be plumbed, it has mysterious corridors and vast unexplored canyons. Knowledge, as it unfolds like a blossoming flower within in me, provides me with the map to take this journey and, most importantly, the key to the map.

September 6, 2014 Round Two: I’m glad I journal. When I reread what I wrote for this Step the first time, I thought “wow, did I write that?” I don't think it came from me, I think it must have been Knowledge speaking through me.

Today I have been keeping the affirmation – Knowledge is with me – uppermost in my mind. I find I am integrating feeling the presence of Knowledge into my general being and daily life. Knowledge has always been with me, it has never left me, only I have allowed it to become buried under the rubble that has accumulated in my mind over time. Knowledge is constant, Knowledge is eternal, Knowledge is older than time and permanent. It cannot be destroyed, changed, tampered with, adulterated. It is pure and true. It is there for me to access if only I can be still and discerning enough to experience it.

August 20, 2018 Round Three: Hourlies today. I remembered at 5.00 and 6.00 to check in. At 7.00 I was posting Step 232 on social media and remembering to wish Angela a happy birthday (which was yesterday for me, but I think I posted in time for it still to be her birthday in the US). I am to try and practice today, regardless of my circumstances and feel Knowledge. When feeling Knowledge, I will know I have the power to govern my experience. Knowledge is with me. I will be with Knowledge. Today we are supposed to be meeting Ilya (our next door neighbor to our plot) in Gorbatka to arrange with the cadastre people (land measurers) to come and stake out the boundary between our plots. Maybe we will get our fence up this year after all.
Naomi sent me another article. Herself at the age of 10 with Joan Baez and Ringo Starr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve