Step Two Hundred and Ninety-Six



Step 296. Nasi Novare Coram
Today’s ancient words will stimulate Knowledge. Their meaning may be translated thus:“The presence of the Teachers of God is with me.” This is a simple translation of these words, but their power far exceeds their obvious meaning. They can evoke within you a deep response, for they are an invocation for Knowledge, born of an ancient language that has not originated in any world. This language represents the language of Knowledge and serves all those who speak a language and who still need a language to communicate.

Remembering yesterday’s lesson, do not attempt to understand the origin of these words or the mechanism for their service, but be the recipient of their gift. Upon the hour recite today’s invocation, and in your two deeper practice periods repeat the invocation and then enter into stillness and silence to feel the power of these words. Allow them to assist you in entering the depth of your own Knowledge. When each long practice period is complete and when you return to the world of action and of form, recite the invocation once again and be grateful that the mystery of your life is being penetrated. Be grateful that your Ancient Home has come with you into the world.

Practice 296:
 Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 5, 2014 Round One: Until now I have not been receptive to saying these words. I have been skeptical and thought that saying certain words, particularly in some language that has not originated in any world (say what?), was not going to have any special effect. However, in the few days leading up to this Step, I found myself beginning to invoke them to myself in different situations, usually during my normal practice periods. And today as I concentrated specifically on this Step and during my meditation practices, I was surprised to find that I did feel a difference, I was able to experience their power. I ask myself if this is not because I am now sincerely opening myself up to the mystery?

“Allow them to assist you in entering the depth of your own Knowledge.”

I found myself entering deeper into my mind, like going down a tunnel, not a dark and scary one, but into a place of joy and brightness where there is so much to explore.

I also wondered about how loud and insistent I have to be to attract my Teachers' attention. I decided that I shouldn’t have to be very loud, that the presence of the Teachers of God will be with me just by thinking about it. I found as I practiced today that by invoking the words Nasi Novare Coram I feel the presence of my Teachers more profoundly, or is this just because I want to…

June 2, 2015 Round Two: This time these words are more familiar and come easier to me. I can use them naturally as a greeting when I am writing to another New Message responder, for example, and I can say them naturally along with others at New Message events. They have more meaning and significance for me. However, I am still feeling my way into their power to evoke the deep power within me that invokes Knowledge. I think I still have trouble really letting myself go and penetrating the depths of my mind. It comes easier when I don’t try too hard.

Day 8 of the Steps Vigil 2015 hosted by Carol. I found closing my eyes and really listening to the titles of the Steps and repeating them as they were read to be very meaningful. Just the titles of the Steps themselves speak volumes and open up the essence of what Steps are about.

April 30, 2019 Round Three: I used to say these words when I was out in the forest by myself during the first year or two of living in the village. I now feel totally safe in the forest. The simple translation of these words is “The presence of the Teachers of God is with me.” These words are an invocation for Knowledge and can evoke a deep response in me. I am used to saying these words now and find them potent. However, I must not take them lightly and always remember their power and mystery and what they really mean.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen