Step Two Hundred and Ninety-Nine


Step 299. Nome Nome Cono Na Vera Te Nome
Today’s invocation again calls upon the power of others’ endeavors in the reclamation of Knowledge to assist you in your own. Once again it is a confirmation of the power of what you are doing and your total inclusion in life. It affirms the truth in a greater context, and it affirms the truth in words which you have not used for centuries, but which will become familiar to you as they resonate deeply within your mind.

Practice upon the hour and take a moment to feel the efficacy of today’s statement. Use it as an invocation to begin and as a benediction to complete your two longer practice periods. Allow yourself to penetrate the mystery of your life, for the mystery of your life is the source of all meaning in your life, and it is this meaning which you seek today.

Practice
 299
: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 8, 2014 Round One: Really I am not very good at these invocations. I have trouble remembering them if I am not reading them, if I do not see them before my eyes. They do not roll easily off the tongue and they don’t ring a bell somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind. They are not becoming familiar. But I keep practicing.

One thing I did envision in my mind’s eye as I practiced today was a vast web of lights across the world that is becoming denser and denser as more people begin to reclaim Knowledge and connect with each other. Even though each person may not know all the others personally, the connection is still real.

So yes, Douglas, what you wrote resonates with me.

 Originally Posted by Douglas 
I am also interested in knowing if this resonates with anyone.

I saw a picture in my mind's eye of an electrical circuit, where the people who have done Steps to Knowledge were connected to each other in various ways. The practicing of Step 299 causes someone to be added to that circuit, where there was a flow of energy between me and the students who had come before me.

I was able to remember this invocation and say it as I was out in the woods this morning communing with the trees. When I closed my eyes and invoked the words, leaning up against a tree, I saw a huge crowd of people, not distinct faces, but a mass, all reclaiming Knowledge. This reinforces that I am not alone, and Knowledge is not mine, Knowledge is our common heritage and we build it together.

 Originally Posted by Douglas 
In Steps 37 and 38, Steps talks about varying ways to Knowledge. I believe there are people in every nation on Earth, and every age of Earth's history, who have reached Knowledge.

I too believe there are varying ways to Knowledge and when I envision the mass of people with Knowledge it goes beyond this world and age, beyond the here and now.

A thought occurred to me, I am saying these invocations with a high degree of trust, since I do not know their literal meaning, a translation is not given in these Steps (only the meaning of Nasi Novare Coram is given). It would be nice to know what I am actually saying, maybe if I knew, I wouldn't want to say it. Is there a translation of the other invocations anywhere?

I found my answer here "Invocative Language." There is no literal translation, just a conveyance of the meaning of the words. 
"Let the ancient language of the inner world make you resonate and blush. Let it strike you as if you were a bell and it was ringing in you gently. Let it pass through you like the wind through the grain. Let yourself be this open to Grace. So that when you return to the outer world, this Grace may pass through you to others who are calling for it, seeking it and desiring it."
I love this! It's from the Night Meditation.

June 5, 2015 Round Two: I received affirmation of this Step. 
Today’s invocation again calls upon the power of others’ endeavors in the reclamation of Knowledge to assist you in your own.”

I found another affirmation today during the Day 11 broadcast of the 2015 Steps Vigil hosted by Alison. She read a testimonial from Annie who shared about the support she feels from other students practicing with her.

May 3, 2019 Round Three: Again this invocation calls upon the power of others’ endeavors in the reclamation of Knowledge to assist me in my own. It is a confirmation of the power of what I am doing and my total inclusion in life. It affirms the truth in a greater context, it affirms the truth in words I have not used for centuries. I must admit that I still have difficulty saying and remembering these words, they don’t really ring a bell. However, I am trusting that they are strengthening the connection between me and all those reclaiming Knowledge within and beyond the world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen