Step Three Hundred


Step 300. I Receive All Those Who Are My Spiritual Family Today.
Receive those who are your spiritual family, who guide and assist you, whose efforts on behalf of Knowledge supplement your own and whose presence in your life is a confirmation that true community exists in service to Knowledge. Allow their reality to clarify your own, to dispel all the darkness of isolation and all of the weakness of individuality so that your individuality may find the strength of its true contribution. Do not dwell alone in your thoughts today, but enter into the presence of your Spiritual Family, for you are born of community and into community you now enter, for life is community—community without exclusion and without opposite.

Remember this upon the hour today. In your longer practice periods, engage your mind actively in attempting to understand the message that you are given today. Try to understand what Spiritual Family really means. Try to understand that it is intrinsic to you. You did not choose it. You are simply born of it. It represents your accomplishment in Knowledge thus far. All accomplishment in Knowledge is the reclamation of relationships, and your Spiritual Family are those relationships that you have reclaimed thus far in your return to God.

This will be beyond your comprehension, but your Knowledge will resonate with the message for today and the invocations that you have practiced in previous days. Knowledge will reveal what you must know and what you must do. You are not meant to be burdened with attempting to understand that which is beyond your comprehension. But you are given the responsibility to respond to the communication that is being given to you from the mystery of your own life and from the power of God in your life.

You are part of a spiritual family. You receive this through your experience, an experience which will confirm your participation in life and the great purpose you have come to serve.

Practice
 300: 
Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 9, 2014 Round One: As far back as I can remember, I have always embraced the thought of having a Spiritual Family, of not being alone, but supported by others beyond the world, others with whom I have a relationship, both now and in the past.
“Allow their reality to clarify your own, to dispel all the darkness of isolation and all of the weakness of individuality so that your individuality may find the strength of its true contribution.”
Now, as I practice Steps to Knowledge, I am experiencing the presence and support of my Spiritual Family more and more.

I am looking to respond to the communication that is being given to me from the mystery of my own life and from the power of the Creator in my life. As I go about my normal activities I am feeling this guidance and communication with greater clarity. I can't get away with being lazy and lackadaisical any more.

June 6, 2015 Round Two: I tend to think more of my Spiritual Family as being people with me in the world right now, people I have a deep affinity with, people who share my life path, members of my current primary and secondary family. This is affirmed by the following phrase from this Step:
“whose presence in your life is a confirmation that true community exists in service to Knowledge.”
When I think of members of my Spiritual Family beyond the world, I mix them up with my Teachers. Are they different? Or are they the same, or part of the same?

And getting back to those members of my Spiritual Family who are in the world with me right now, a dilemma arises. Being in the world assumes a certain limitation and imperfection. Other members of my Spiritual Family living in the world at this time are also going through growth pangs and searching for their way, living in separation, so our relationship is not necessarily smooth and beautiful, since there is opportunity for clashing. I may feel affinity, but I may also feel abrasion. No?
“You are not meant to be burdened with attempting to understand that which is beyond your comprehension.”
Okay, so I won’t. What a relief!

The concept of relationship as it is presented in the New Message is still a poser for me, but I will let it be and trust that all will be revealed in due time.

Day 12 of the 2015 Steps Vigil hosted by Mark with a testimonial from Paul.

May 4, 2019 Round Three: This is the perfect Step for me today since I have been thinking a lot about Spiritual Family recently. I have been wondering if my desire to have an older woman recognize me is not perhaps evoked by an ancient memory of my Spiritual Family and the approval and recognition I have received from them in the past upon the completion of a specific lifetime. I have benefitted from that recognition and so wish to experience it in the physical realm. I believe this is true. Spiritual Family represents my accomplishment in Knowledge thus far. This resonates with me, which is why I seek confirmation of my accomplishment. It is beyond my comprehension, but my Knowledge will resonate with today’s message. Yes, it does. I am given the responsibility to respond to the communication that is being given me from the mystery of my own life and from the power of God in my life. This is profound. I am born of community and into community I now enter with my Spiritual family. Is this not why I shun the world?

Because I know what community really feels like, true community with my Spiritual Family? And I have never found this in the world, so I feel the futility of trying to engage with those who are at a different level. This feels like a valuable insight and true comprehension. My connection with Heaven is stronger than my connection with the world, which makes it so hard to be in the world. But I need to try and be in the world so that I can be of service.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen