Step Three Hundred and Thirteen


Step 313. Let Me Recognize That What Is Complex Is Simple.
You think your personal problems are complex. You think the world’s problems are complex. You think your future and your destiny are complex. This is because you have lived in imagination and have attempted to resolve questions without certainty. This is the result of using your personal beliefs to organize the universe according to your liking. This is the result of attempting the impossible, and this is the result of failing the impossible.

You have been saved because Knowledge is with you. You have been redeemed because you are learning to receive Knowledge. Thus it is that all conflicts will become resolved, and you will find true purpose, meaning and direction in the world. You will find that you will still attempt to solve your problems for yourself, and this will only remind you that you need Knowledge to guide you, for all your own efforts can do without Knowledge is remind you of your need for Knowledge.

Therefore, today remember upon the hour that Knowledge is with you and that you are a student of Knowledge. Have confidence that all problems you perceive—great and small, within yourself and without—will be resolved through Knowledge. Remind yourself as well that this does not put you in a passive state. This will require your active engagement as a student of Knowledge and the active development of your abilities for a true purpose. Indeed, you have been passive before because of your attempts at the impossible and your failure at the impossible. Now you are becoming active, and that which is active within you is Knowledge, for you are now receiving your True Self.

In your two longer practices, actively engage yourself with today’s idea. Attempt to penetrate its meaning. Review all ideas and beliefs that you currently possess that are related to it. Allow yourself to take inventory of your thoughts and beliefs so that you may come to recognize the work that must be accomplished within you. You are the first recipient of Knowledge, and once you have attained a certain degree of accomplishment here, Knowledge will naturally flow through you. Your activities will then be increasingly engaged in serving the world around you, and greater problems will be presented to you so that you may be saved from your own dilemma.

Practice
 313
: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 25, 2014 Round One: It may seem like a paradox that the more confidence I feel about Knowledge resolving all the problems I perceive, the less passive I become. But it is not a paradox at all, it is in fact the perfect thing. I am getting out of my own way and relinquishing my role of running the show, but this does not mean sitting back and twiddling my thumbs, instead I am actively engaging my mind in the reclamation of Knowledge. And as I do this, I am shedding all the limiting thoughts I had about myself in the past, that I can’t do this, or I shouldn’t do that, that I must act this way if I want this, that, or the next thing. None of that holds true any more. What I am truly meant to accomplish and what is given to me to do in this life comes from a much deeper place, the place where Knowledge resides. I am harnessing the power of Knowledge now and this is in no way a passive pursuit. It is invigorating, and inspiring, and activating.

I opened Secrets of Heaven today to the page (p. 125) that says: “Those who respond to us are given tasks which utilize them greatly. For in this way, they recognize their greatness. How may greatness be recognized save by its application?”

June 19, 2015 Round Two: I am relinquishing all sense of complexity today. Only in my imagination are things complex, but in reality it is all very simple. Just live each day as it presents itself without intricate looping of thoughts and emotions. Just do the next thing right before me and don’t spend time in complicated mind games and decisions. All will come to pass as it is supposed to. I am not trying to do the impossible, I am only doing what has been given to me to do.

I was still feeling brain-fuzzy this morning, and then a neighbor brought a whole bucket of wild strawberries to my door, freshly picked in the local forest. I ate a whole bowl and looked up their benefits on the Internet. Lo and behold, they have been found to offset mental decline and cognitive deterioration in older women.

Eating blueberries and strawberries may stave off mental decline in later life, claim researchers.
"They found brain ageing could be delayed by up to two and a half years in elderly women regularly eating high amounts of the berries.
"The findings come from an ongoing study of nurses which involves only women, but may also apply to men.
"Experts believe the benefits are derived from the high content of flavonoids in berry fruits, antioxidant compounds found in plants which can protect against a wide range of diseases.”

I am also eating the strawberries that are ripening in the strawberry patch in my garden. I find rich, ripe berries every morning.


May 17, 2019 Round Three: I will have confidence that all the problems I perceive, great and small, will be resolved through Knowledge, but this does not put me in a passive state. It requires my active engagement as a student of Knowledge. Now I am becoming active and that which is active within me is Knowledge, for I am now receiving my True Self. I do not need to resolve my problems myself for I have Knowledge to guide me. I recognize that there is nothing really complex, for with Knowledge to guide me, all is really simple. I release myself to the flow of Knowledge in my life, confident that this will bring me to true resolution and true accomplishment.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve