Step Three Hundred and One


Step 301. I Will Not Lose Myself In Anxiety Today.
Do not allow the habit of losing yourself in anxiety to capture your mind this day. Accept that you are entering a greater life with a greater sense of purpose. Allow yourself to rely upon the certainty of Knowledge within you and its confirmation of your true relationships. Be at peace this day. Allow stillness to abide with you as you walk through the world.

Upon the hour repeat today’s idea. In your deeper practices, use it as an invocation to begin and as a benediction to complete your meditation. In your meditations allow yourself to be still. Do not let uncertainty capture you today. Do not let anxiety take you away. You are abiding with Knowledge, which is the source of all certainty in the world. You are abiding with it, and you are allowing it to spread its potency and its gifts to you who are learning now to reclaim certainty for yourself. Allow this day to be a confirmation of your studenthood. Allow this day to be an expression of Knowledge.

Practice
 301: 
Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 10, 2014 Round One: Anxiety is not taking me away and uncertainty is not capturing me today. In fact I have been overtaken by a very bold, albeit bizarre, idea. It feels so in tune with Knowledge, such an expression of Knowledge, but so many things, so many obstacles, seem to stand in the way. I will just abide with Knowledge and allow it to spread its potency and gifts to me. I am learning to reclaim certainty for myself, and we will just have to see where this bizarre idea of mine leads, so out of the ordinary ways of the world is it.

Anxiety comes from not trusting the outcome, when I feel certain that the outcome is for the higher good of all involved, anxiety disappears.

P.S. The bizarre idea I had was to go an live for a year with Agafiya Lykova out in the Russian taiga. She was looking for an assistant and I decided to volunteer. I share about her lifestyle in this post http://mysteryofascension.com/many-ways-to-live/

June 7, 2015 Round Two: I feel very little anxiety these days. I am living a day at a time and allowing any anxiety about the future to dissipate. Life unfolds naturally as it will and I will meet any challenges as they come. My guiding words these days are: “I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it” and “Let’s wait and see.”

I chose this picture of the cock, since he symbolizes for me the picture of imperturbation. He walked boldly around my garden with his hens and even made it clear in no uncertain terms that our cat could come nowhere near. He is never anxious or confused.

Day 13 of the 2015 Steps Vigil hosted by Joseph with testimonial from Martin.

May 5, 2019 Round Three: I will rely upon the certainty of Knowledge. I will not allow anxiety to take me away. I will allow stillnes to abide with me as I walk through the world. I feel as though I allow anxiety to overwhelm me less and less these days and always bring myself back to certainty. Fewer and fewer things bother me, things get done in due time, there is no need to fret. Two years on this day, I was mad at my husband for not getting things done and doing them myself. It was a futile endeavor, but nevertheless things got done. Last year we planted our pepper and tomato seedlings in the greenhouse. This year I will do what I can with no fretting, no anxiety. I will not worry about the landlord’s reappearance. I hoped last year he would not come back here to live. He did. We survived. Now we have a long hiatus without him. We will survive whatever happens next. We do not know what it will be, but there is no use worrying about it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen