Step Three Hundred and Four

Spreading the light of Knowledge in the world

Step 304. I Will Not Be A Student Of Fear Today.
Remember that you are always a student—every day, every hour and every moment. Therefore, as you become more conscientious, you must select what you will learn. Here you are given a real choice, for you are either a student of Knowledge or you are a student of confusion. Do not be a student of confusion today. Do not be a student of fear today, for without Knowledge there is uncertainty and there is fear. Without Knowledge there are fearful pursuits which perpetrate greater fear and a greater sense of loss.

Realize your responsibility as a student. Realize this and accept this with relief, for you have a meaningful choice here—to be a student of Knowledge or a student of confusion. Knowledge will cast its influence upon you to enable you to make the right choice, to choose that which renders you certainty, purpose, meaning and value in the world. Then, you may become a force for Knowledge in the world to dispel confusion, darkness and fear from all minds that labor under their oppressive weight.

Do not be a student of fear. Make this resolution within yourself upon the hour as you recognize the fearful persuasions of the world, the confusion of the world and its dark influence upon all who feel its oppression. Allow yourself to be a liberated soul within the world. Hold the jewel of love within your heart. Hold the light of Knowledge within your heart. When you return to your two deeper meditation practices today, repeat the idea for today so that you may enter into stillness and silence within your sanctuary. Rejuvenate yourself in Knowledge and refresh yourself, for Knowledge is the great light that you carry. The more that you come within its presence, the more it will radiate itself upon you and the more it will shine upon you and, through you, upon the world.

Practice
 304: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 13, 2014 Round One: “Do not be a student of fear today, for without Knowledge there is uncertainty and there is fear.”

I am feeling more strongly the certainty that Knowledge gives in any situation. If only I trust that what I am feeling comes from Knowledge, I cannot go far wrong. I appreciate how this Step points out the choice I have – I can choose fear and confusion or I can choose Knowledge.

“Knowledge will cast its influence upon you to enable you to make the right choice, to choose that which renders you certainty, purpose, meaning and value in the world.”

I always wish to depend on Knowledge to make the right choice, even if the choice does not seem at first glance to fit convention and evokes many fears.

I opened Secrets of Heaven today to p. 258 and read: "The individuals in this world who have successfully reclaimed Knowledge have had to escape convention to a very great degree because Knowledge is not conventional in any sense. And yet though they may appear erratic at times, their actions are always uniform and serve one purpose."

Adria (a Step’s student in Poland) wrote in response to this Step: “I find it helpful to remember how it felt to act with Knowledge in the past, and as I progress with Steps, I'm noticing more the difference between e.g. "fearful pursuits" camouflaged as inspiration, and Knowledge's inspiration.”

This resonates so well with me.

June 10, 2015 Round Two: I have made what might be called an unconventional choice by embracing wholeheartedly the offer to live in the country. It is so perfect for me, manifesting so many past thoughts, making wishes I have had a reality, bringing into my tangible experience things that were once mere ideas and desires. To me this is potent evidence of Knowledge in action.

I choose to be a student of Knowledge today. Deep within the verity of Knowledge rings true, ever guiding me. I hold the light of Knowledge in my heart and wish for it to shine out into the world.

Day 16 of the 2015 Steps Vigil hosted by Serena with testimonials by Steve in Virginia and Virpi in Finland—so uplifting and evoking a deep response and knowing within.

May 8, 2019 Round Three: I have a choice to be a student of Knowledge or a student of confusion and fear. Knowledge will guide me in the right direction and dispel confusion, darkness and fear. I will not allow these things to cast their oppression on me. I am a liberated soul in the world. I hold the jewel of love in my heart and the light of Knowledge in my heart. I am a student of Knowledge and will not be a student of fear today. My life is so fulfilling and glorious, I cannot possibly be a student of fear. I am truly living the life I have always dreamed of. Yesterday’s excursion out into the forest to collect leaves for mulch was the epitome of what my experience of living in the country is. It is all it was cracked up to be and more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen