Step Two Hundred and Seventy-Three


Step 273. My Teachers Hold The Memory Of My Ancient Home For Me.
Your teachers represent your spiritual family that are beyond the world. They hold the memory of your origin and your destiny for you, which you must learn to realize through your experience in the world. They have traveled the ways of the world. They know of its opportunities and its difficulties. They know of the possible errors that you can commit, and they are aware of the errors you have committed already. They are fully prepared to guide you. They have the Wisdom and the accomplishment to do so.

Therefore, do not underestimate their value to you and always remember that they are present in your life to initiate you into Knowledge. They wish for you to become strong in Knowledge, eventually as strong as they have become. Thus, they serve your greatest need and purpose, and you must follow them, receive them and honor their presence, as a student honors a teacher. This will allow you to receive their gifts completely and will free you from any false associations you may make with them. This is a very responsible relationship, and you will mature within it.

Accept, then, the presence of your teachers. Accept it upon the hour as you remind yourself that they are with you, and accept it in your two deeper meditation practices as you open yourself to receive them. This is a great opportunity for Knowledge. Your Teachers will initiate you into Knowledge, for they can only be known. Your images or concepts regarding them are relatively meaningless, except in that they might limit your approach. You must experience your Teachers’ essence, which is their presence, to fully know them. And you will find out from this experience, as it develops, that this is how you can experience life as a whole.

Though your senses will perceive the form of things, your heart will experience the essence of things, and this is how things will become known. Once they are known, you will realize how you are to participate with them. Thus, all your faculties of mind will be utilized for one great purpose, for Knowledge will utilize all your faculties and the faculties of the world for the redemption of the world, which is the redemption of Knowledge within the world.

Practice
 273
: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

March 6, 2014 Round One: Have I truly grasped what this Step is showing me? I do not know, but I feel this renewed connection with Knowledge today. I feel I am grasping the difference between perceiving things in my mind and experiencing the essence of things in my heart. There is a place within me that I am forming a stronger connection with, the place where Knowledge resides. It is easy to doubt, as I have been over the past few days, doubt what I have always known. But how can I do this, doubt what I have always known, without betraying my Teachers, without betraying my True Self, without betraying the Creator? 

So I embrace the presence of my Teachers today and accept that they are teaching me in the Way of Knowledge.

May 10, 2015 Round Two: I am just letting things be today.

"Though your senses will perceive the form of things, your heart will experience the essence of things, and this is how things will become known."

I am relinquishing all personal ends and allowing my heart to open and experience the presence and guidance of my Teachers. I have no doubts today that this presence abides with me. It is evident to me, it is there, no matter what my surface mind tells me. 

It is like the love I know my children feel for me. It does not need to be expressed on a certain day. It is everlasting and abiding without verbal expression no matter what the day.

April 7, 2019 Round Three: I must follow my Teachers, receive them, and honor their presence, as a student honors a teacher. I can only know them by experiencing their essence, I cannot conjure up images of them. They will initiate me into Knowledge. Even though I do conjure up images, at least of the place of initiation, I try not to confine myself to this, but really experience their presence. And I do. I know my Teachers are with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen