Step Two Hundred and Seventy-One


Step 271. I Will Accept Responsibility Today.
Accept responsibility, which is your ability to respond. Accept this, cultivate it, cherish it and welcome it. It is what will make you strong. It is what will make you devoted. It is what will bring to you the relationships you have always desired. This is the empowerment you so desperately need which you are learning now to claim for yourself. With this empowerment come the conditions for empowerment—that you respond to Knowledge and follow Knowledge, that you refrain from all motivations that are not born of Knowledge, that you become objective with yourself and your motives, that you question yourself without doubting yourself and that you surround yourself with individuals who can support the emergence of Knowledge within you and are free to tell you their own perceptions. This is essential for your well-being and development. This will protect you from self-error, which as you become more powerful will have greater and greater impact upon you and others.

Accept responsibility today. Accept this, for it represents your truest and greatest need. Responsibility will enable you to love and extend yourself into the world.

Upon the hour think of today’s idea. And as you enter meditation twice today, take full responsibility for being a student of Knowledge and enter into stillness and silence with your complete being. Let no thought or doubt dissuade you. Do not let ambivalence hold you back. Press onward. Open yourself. Enter the mystery of your life so that you may be able to respond to it, for this is the meaning of responsibility.

Practice 271: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

March 4, 2014 Round One: I must admit that today I am finding it difficult to extend myself into the world and protect myself from self-error. I am feeling ambivalent and doubting my ability to get with Knowledge. I wish to have responsibility and accept responsibility. The step says that accepting responsibility is my ability to respond. Well, okay, yes I guess I do have the ability to respond, but I am not always sure if it is taking me in the right direction. I want to respond to Knowledge, and follow Knowledge. The step says that I will have the empowerment to question myself without doubting myself and be able to surround myself with individuals who can support the emergence of Knowledge within me and are free to tell me their own perceptions. I feel I am meeting people like this through the New Message and I embrace those connections. I hope that with those connections I will gain a clearer picture, climb out of the fog of my self-error and self-delusion and see the Truth.

May 8, 2015 Round Two: I am pressing onward, letting no thought or doubt dissuade me, or ambivalence hold me back. I accept responsibility for myself, my life, my pursuit of Knowledge, for all that is vital and pertinent in my world.

Today I accept this responsibility whole-heartedly, I embrace the empowerment it gives me to align my inner and outer worlds and the objectivity it provides in my vision. I trust that I will be surrounded by individuals who support the emergence of Knowledge within me. I feel this support can come from individuals who are not consciously aware of what Knowledge is, but still, by their nature and the nature of our relationship, they are conducive to the emergence of Knowledge within me. I am open to entering the mystery of my life, it is a wondrous journey to undertake.

April 5, 2019 Round Three: Responsibility is the ability to respond. It will make me strong, it will make me devoted, it will give me empowerment. I need this empowerment, it urges me to respond to Knowledge and follow Knowledge, refrain from all motivations that are not born of Knowledge, become objective with myself and my motives, that I question myself without doubting myself. I feel I do this, yes, I question, but do not doubt. It protects me from self-error. So is that what yesterday’s Step was about? Responsibility is a burden until I recognize it as a source of protection? Taking responsibility protects me from self-error, for I am following Knowledge, responding to Knowledge? I sort of vaguely get an inkling, but cannot crystallize it yet. I will continue pondering it. I am to enter the mystery of my life so that I may respond to it, for this is the meaning of responsibility. I take responsibility for all that happens in my life, for when I am following Knowledge, I am kind of running blind, I am going where I am prompted, but I am not sure of the outcome. This is the mystery of my life. But I trust and I take responsibility for the outcome. This protects me from self-error. I question myself, but I do not doubt that I will be led where I need to go.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen