Step Two Hundred and Seventy-Eight


Step 278. What Is Changeless Will Express Itself Through Me.
Truth is changeless, but it expresses itself within the world of changing circumstances and changing understanding. Thus, it appears that truth is changeable, yet the source of truth is not changeable. You who live in a world of change and are undergoing change yourself must realize that your Source is unchangeable. Realizing this you will have a foundation for trust in your Source. Trust can only be truly established when it is based upon that which cannot be changed, assaulted or destroyed. In this, your faith and trust will have a true foundation. You realize that what is changeless, which is the source of your trust and the recipient of your trust, will express itself in the changing world in changing ways. Thus, its expression will meet your every need. It will serve you in every circumstance. It will function on every level of understanding. It will actualize itself in every place of human endeavor. Thus, it will appear that the truth is changeable, for it operates in different ways in different environments, and it is recognized in different ways from different points of view. Yet truth itself, which is Knowledge itself, is ever changeless, ever loving and ever genuine.

Therefore, today understand how relative and changeable your ideas are and how much you identify with that which is changeable, that which cannot stand upon its own. As your identity becomes founded in Knowledge and not merely on ideas, speculation or beliefs, you will begin to experience the permanence and security that only Knowledge can bestow. As you realize that your true life is changeless, then you will feel free to allow it to express itself in changing circumstances. Here you will escape all fear of death and destruction. Here you will find peace in the world, for the world is changing, but you are not.

Practice
 278
: Read the lesson three times today.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

March 12, 2014 Round One: I love it how a thought I had in the previous step seems to be confirmed for me in the next step. This idea of the truth being changeless is in sync with what I wrote in the previous step about thoughts emanating from Knowledge standing the test of time, which is how I know they are true and not imagined.

"you will begin to experience the permanence and security that only Knowledge can bestow."

Can I be so bold as to say that I am beginning to experience this? I do feel this firm grounding that no matter how much the world around changes, I have the solid anchor of Knowledge to hold onto and lead me through the turbulence.

May 15, 2015 Round Two: I continue to experience this grounding feeling today, this strong inner fulcrum, a radiant beam, that keeps me steady through the buffeting and changes of the world. It is certainly a true succor to feel that the Truth is changeless, that Knowledge is changeless, ever loving and genuine. I can continue to embrace the mystery of life, knowing that I am being borne steadily along on my true course.

April 12, 2019 Round Three: A pithy Step to fathom, but I feel it holds a message for me today. What is changeless - the source of my trust, Knowledge - will express itself in the changing world in changing ways. Thus, its expression will meet my every need. How does this apply to my current situation? How does this look?

My employer did not call yesterday. Will he call today? If not, what do I do? I will wait until Monday and then call him. I have been cautioned by Knowledge to “wait” so far, but I can’t wait forever. Maybe he has forgotten and needs a nudge. After reading the Step again and my past journal entries, I feel confident that nothing has changed in my circumstances. I am still on the true path and have a true foundation beneath me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen