Step Two Hundred and Ninety-Three


Art by Lyse Marion

Step 293. I Do Not Wish To Suffer Today.
Strengthen your resolve not to suffer today by being a student of Knowledge, by adhering to Knowledge and by devoting yourself to Knowledge. Do not let the world draw you into its meaningless pursuits, into its hopeless endeavors or into its incensed conflicts. All these things still hold attraction for you, yet do not allow yourself to give into them today, for the persuasions of the world are born of the world’s great anxiety and fear. Anxiety and fear are like diseases that affect minds. Do not allow your mind to be so affected today. You do not want to suffer today, and suffer you will if you follow the world’s persuasions. Participate in the world and fulfill your mundane responsibilities, but strengthen your resolve to be a student of Knowledge, for this will free you from all suffering and will give you the greatness that you are intended to give to the world.

Upon the hour confirm that you do not want to suffer today and realize the inevitability of your suffering if you attempt to engage yourself in the world without Knowledge. The world can only remind you of your one great purpose and responsibility now, which is to become a student of Knowledge. Be grateful that the world will support you in the only way that it can, and be grateful that from your Ancient Home, God has extended Grace into the world for you to receive and to learn to give.

Practice
 293: 
Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

March 30, 2014 Round One: As I look on the world today, I am certainly seeing the wisdom of being a student of Knowledge, seeing that this is my one great purpose and responsibility now.

“for the persuasions of the world are born of the world’s great anxiety and fear.”

This has become blatantly obvious, for if the world were not driven by fear we would be seeing a very different world today. Only Knowledge can put things in their true perspective. Only by adhering to Knowledge and devoting myself to Knowledge can I be spared the suffering that afflicts so many people in our world today. I am resisting the urge to be drawn into meaningless pursuits and hopeless endeavors. I am trusting in Knowledge to show me what is true and worth pursuing, I am trusting in Knowledge to show me the way.

May 30, 2015 Round Two: It never ceases to amaze me how meaningless pursuits, hopeless endeavors, and incensed conflicts hold such attraction for people. I like to credit myself with the fact I am not among that number, but I cannot say this absolutely. There are times I feel drawn to participate in some meaningless jabber, put in my two cents’ worth, try to argue my point, but immediately see the futility and retreat. 

I do not wish to suffer today, I do not wish to suffer because of my need for recognition. I often feel invisible, I feel I have something to say, but no one listens. I am not seen or heard. This is a lesson in humility for me.

This particularly struck me today as I listened to Day 5 of the Steps Vigil 2015 hosted by Mary. She has her own special style and humility, she is a shining example for me of a New Message responder. I wish to be like her. And Joe’s testimonial was awesome. I could not help but compare it to mine and see where I fall far short of what is required. Again I am brought to the realization that I still have such a long way to go, that there is some salient point I am still missing. 

I seek guidance and clarity ... and read this...

For vulnerability and aliveness are one

"As you begin to discover the ways you are re-enacting old strategies of distancing and protection, it is important you do not shame yourself or conclude that you have failed, that something is wrong with you, or that something must urgently be 'fixed.'

"Everything is okay, exactly as it is. The path is everywhere. Stay close. Rest. Lay your hands on your heart. Infuse your entire being with loving kindness. Everything... is... okay. You are okay, exactly as you are... right here. Right now."

April 28, 2019 Round Three: Suffering is inevitable if I do not follow Knowledge, for I will be overcome by the world’s persuasions. I strengthen my resolve to become a student of Knowledge so that I may be free of anxiety, fear and suffering. I no longer suffer for I am a student of Knowledge. Knowledge is the antidote to all suffering, I no longer drink because I am a student of Knowledge. God has extended Grace into the world from my Ancient Home for me to receive and learn to give.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve