Step Two Hundred and Eighty


Step 280. Review
Review the past two weeks, beginning with the first lesson in your Review period and continuing on each day up until the last lesson. Try to gain an overview of all that has transpired in the past two weeks. Try to see how you could deepen and improve your practice. Recognize how much time and energy are wasted in ambivalence and idle speculation. Realize how much of your energy is being wasted in doubt and confusion when you need only abide with Knowledge. Your ability to follow that which is beyond your comprehension, which is necessary here, will lead you to the greatest possible certainty that life can render to you. Through this certainty, your ideas, your actions and your perceptions will gain a uniformity that will allow them to be a powerful expression in the world, where humanity is confused and lost in the ambivalence of imagination. It is by following that you are able to give and you are able to lead. You will recognize this in time as you exercise your freedom and allow your freedom to exercise itself through you.

You are now a student of Knowledge. Dedicate yourself to the application of your preparation with increasing devotion and involvement. Allow the mistakes of your past to motivate you. They need not be and should not be a source of self-recrimination. They are intended now to be understood as the demonstration of your need for Knowledge. Thus, you may be very thankful that Knowledge is being given to you, for you are realizing that above all else it is Knowledge which you seek.

Practice
 280: One long practice period.



Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

March 15, 2014 Round One: There have been times during the past two weeks when I have wasted time and energy in ambivalence and idle speculation, as well as in doubt and confusion. However, upon reviewing the past two weeks of Steps and examining my experience and what has transpired in this time, I feel I am beginning to abide with Knowledge and allowing Knowledge to be my anchor and guide.
"Your ability to follow that which is beyond your comprehension, which is necessary here, will lead you to the greatest possible certainty that life can render to you. Through this certainty, your ideas, your actions and your perceptions will gain a uniformity that will allow them to be a powerful expression in the world, where humanity is confused and lost in the ambivalence of imagination."
These words speak loud and clear to me today. This review has reaffirmed my certainty and confidence that I am headed in the right direction and Knowledge is becoming ever stronger within me.

May 17, 2015 Round Two: The review this time confirms for me that uncertainty, ambivalence, and idle speculation are diminishing in my life to allow Knowledge to come forward and assume a stronger presence. This does not mean that everything is hunky dory all the time without a cloud of doubt or confusion to mar an otherwise clear sky. Things are not always simple and preferences become apparent. Things are not always exactly the way I want or would choose, but then I don’t live in a vacuum and cannot stop other people from doing as they will. And I am not totally in charge of my situation at the moment, so I am not in a position to dictate my will. I am living in someone else’s house, and although I have a hefty dose of freedom, I cannot tell the landlord not to come and bother me, for instance. All I can do is accept his presence graciously and hope that his visits will not be too frequent. His presence is difficult for me tolerate since he is loud and intrusive and demanding, but I do my best and put on an agreeable face. I am accepting the responsibility for my situation, I am seeking guidance from my Teachers and feeling their presence, I am allowing the power of Knowledge to extend from me. I am doing the best I can and reaping the benefits of the gift that is offered me. I am dedicating myself to the application of my preparation with increasing devotion and involvement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Thirty-Seven

Step Two Hundred and Fourteen

Step One Hundred and Ninety-Eight