Step Two Hundred and Eighty-Two


Step 282. I Will Learn To Accept The Responsibility Of Carrying Knowledge In The World.
Carrying Knowledge in the world requires responsibility. Your responsibility is to follow Knowledge and to learn to express Knowledge adequately and purposefully. In this, your human abilities will need to be cultivated and elevated. Discernment and all the other qualities of value within yourself will need to be cultivated as well, for you must learn to express that which you carry. You must learn to follow it and become a worthy vehicle for it. This is the true meaning of all individual development. This is where individual development has genuine purpose. This is where your growth and advancement have direction as well.

Therefore, allow yourself to experience the meaning of today’s idea. Allow yourself to accept responsibility. It is not a weight upon your shoulders. It is a rite of passage for you, and in this all things that have confused and frustrated you within yourself will be given a new and purposeful application. Realize that Knowledge carries responsibility. In this, you need to treat it with the seriousness that it requires, and yet with this seriousness, you receive the greatness and the peace that it will render to you. Over time, you will become a very, very finely-tuned vehicle for Knowledge in the world. In this, all things that require development will find development, and all things which merely hinder your progress will be relinquished.

In your deeper practices in stillness today, recognize that you have a responsibility to cultivate your faculties of mind as a student of Knowledge. Exercise these responsibilities and do not drift away into imagination. Engage yourself as a student of Knowledge according to the requirements of your preparation, for you are now becoming a person of responsibility and a person of power.

Practice
 282
: Two 30-minute practice periods.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

March 17, 2014 Round One: Again the words of this Step strike home to me today.
"Discernment and all the other qualities of value within yourself will need to be cultivated as well, for you must learn to express that which you carry."
I am getting what this means. I need to cultivate and elevate discernment. I am realizing the futility of trying to prove my point, arguing with people who are in a different place. I am seeing how discernment is the key. I can express that which I carry without a loud mouth, but with quiet fortitude.

The thought of being a very finely-tuned vehicle for Knowledge makes me smile.

"In this, all things that require development will find development, and all things which merely hinder your progress will be relinquished."

I trust these words and hold them in my mind and heart as I move on.

May 19, 2015 Round Two: These words strike me again today:

“Over time, you will become a very, very finely-tuned vehicle for Knowledge in the world. In this, all things that require development will find development, and all things which merely hinder your progress will be relinquished.”

This is what I strive for today, this is what I seek, this is what I wish to manifest in my life. I wish to develop that which is necessary and let go of all else. I wish to be discerning in my relationships and not squander my time and energy in pursuits that bear no fruit. I wish to know where to productively direct my efforts and what to discard. I wish I could know this immediately, without having to go through the anguish of trial and error, but I realize this takes a lot of practice and dedication.

Carrying Knowledge in the world is indeed a great responsibility, and I do not wish to take this lightly and squander the potential power it entails. I wish to be a worthy vehicle of Knowledge in the world, applying this gift with humility and discretion.

April 16, 2019 Round Three: I am becoming a very, very fine-tuned vehicle for Knowledge in the world. I am becoming a person of responsibility and a person of power. I am accepting the responsibility of carrying Knowledge in the world. But how does this look in my daily life? What am I supposed to do? Just follow the next prompt and taken the next step…

I am not feeling this today. I feel as though I have lost touch with Knowledge and do not know where my life is going. I seem to have lost my orientation. But there are things to do today. We have to go to Gorbatka to get our new plot documents. So at least that is moving forward. My employer called, Irina Shostakovich has agreed to give me the money I requested for work in advance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen