Step Two Hundred and Forty-Two


Step 242. My Greatest Gift To The World Is My Knowledge.
This is your greatest gift. It is the gift that imbues all other giving and gives it meaning. This is the gift that gives value to all human expression, all human endeavor and all human invention that is intended to support the well-being of humanity in its evolution. Knowledge is not something that you can quantify and give, as if you put it into a package or delineate it with your ideas. It is a presence and a quality of life that is the very essence of life. It makes all giving and contribution meaningful.

This is your greatest gift, which you are now learning to receive. As you receive it, it will give itself naturally, for you cannot keep Knowledge for yourself. Once it emerges, it begins to express itself in all directions and specifically in certain directions and in certain involvements with certain people according to its design and Wisdom. Thus, if you receive Knowledge, it must be given. It will give itself, and you will want to give it because you possess wealth, and wealth can only be increased through giving. Thus, in essence, life is all about the giving of Knowledge. Wherever this giving cannot be accomplished, there is all manner of deception, disappointment and despair. But when giving is reactivated in these circumstances, these qualities of denial will be dispelled, and Knowledge will once again begin to express itself in very specific ways.

Therefore, upon the hour remind yourself of this great truth, and in your deeper meditations allow yourself to experience Knowledge. Allow yourself to receive it. Give yourself to this application of your mind and your body. In this, Knowledge will give itself, and you will be fulfilled because you have given life the greatest gift that can be given.

Practice 242: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

January 12, 2014 Round One: This Step speaks right to the heart. Knowledge “is a presence and a quality of life that is the very essence of life.” 

This I understand and embrace.

“As you receive it, it will give itself naturally, for you cannot keep Knowledge for yourself.” 


I understand that Knowledge is not “mine,” it is inherent in everyone, only not everyone knows it. People who have become aware of Knowledge are able to tap into it and then show it through their being and actions to others. I am not sure how well I am receiving it since I am not yet seeing evidence of my giving.

I can only trust that as I continue to open myself up to receiving Knowledge, “it will give itself, and you will want to give it because you possess wealth, and wealth can only be increased through giving.”

April 4, 2015 Round Two: Again the following sentence speaks to me: It will give itself, and you will want to give it because you possess wealth, and wealth can only be increased through giving.”

This is one of the fundamental laws of the Universe. Give to others what you wish to have more of yourself and it will be returned to you manifold.

I am practicing this to the best of my ability, even though I still do not have evidence of my giving.

When I did my stillness practices today, I went to a place very similar to the image I found for the photo quote. Around the fire of Knowledge my Teachers were gathered. Amorphous figures of immense power. I could not see their faces, I only felt their loving presence and support.

I wish to set aside all my false beliefs, assumptions, judgments, arrogance, and criticism and reclaim the Knowledge I carry within me, allowing it to be given to the world as needed.
March 7, 2019 Round Three: In essence, life is all about the giving of Knowledge. Once it emerges, it begins to express itself in all directions and specifically in certain directions in certain involvements with certain people according to its design and wisdom. I feel this is happening with Claire. She said she wanted to “take on” something for Lent instead of giving something up. I suggested she begin taking the Steps to Knowledge. I pray she will and take it seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen