Step Two Hundred and Forty-Four


Step 244. I Am Honored When Others Are Strong.
When you are strong, others are honored. When they are strong, you are honored. In this way, Knowledge affirms itself in the world, where Knowledge has been forgotten. Knowledge need only be affirmed through experience and expression to be given to others. Your greatest teaching in this life is the contribution of your life as it is demonstrated to others. Indeed, this is your greatest gift to yourself, for as your life is demonstrated in its value to you, your estimation of yourself will be redeemed, and you will understand your true value in proportion to life itself.

Therefore, when others are strong, you are honored. In this way, you will not seek to belittle another to strengthen yourself. You will not seek to affirm your advantage based upon another’s disadvantage. In this way, no guilt will attend your accomplishment, for no one has been betrayed as you seek to gain experience and advancement in life.

The lesson for today is very deep and will require much consideration. Upon the hour repeat the idea for today and give it serious consideration in every circumstance in which you find yourself. In your deeper practices today, enter stillness and silence. Allow yourself this gift because the idea for today is very simple and very true. It is in no way complex, though it will require serious consideration, for you are far too used to entertaining only things of superficial value. Throughout our training together in these days, weeks and months, you are learning to engage your mind to recognize what is obvious and apparent, but which has not yet been apparent to you who have entertained yourself with shallow things.

Therefore, today let this time be given to Knowledge. Let this time be given to that which strengthens you and all other individuals in the universe. When others are strong, you are honored. In this, all separation ends, and true giving becomes apparent.

Practice
 244
: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

January 19, 2014 Round One: This Step for me is more confirmation that we are all in this together. There is no better or worse, no more or less, only everyone doing their own part and thus contributing to the whole.

"Your greatest teaching in this life is the contribution of your life as it is demonstrated to others."

This is so very valuable. I understand this to mean that the way I live my life is a demonstration to others so I had better give the best demonstration I can. And in so doing, I will reap the greatest benefits.

“…this is your greatest gift to yourself, for as your life is demonstrated in its value to you, your estimation of yourself will be redeemed…”

I do feel very honored when other students are strong. This gives me the stimulus to continue and try to be strong for others.

April 6, 2015 Round Two: The same sentences resonate with me again this time.

"Your greatest teaching in this life is the contribution of your life as it is demonstrated to others. Indeed, this is your greatest gift to yourself, for as your life is demonstrated in its value to you, your estimation of yourself will be redeemed, and you will understand your true value in proportion to life itself."

I continue to strive to make the best demonstration of my life to others as possible.

"Throughout our training together in these days, weeks and months, you are learning to engage your mind to recognize what is obvious and apparent, but which has not yet been apparent to you who have entertained yourself with shallow things."


It is very important for me to recognize what is obvious and apparent and not engage my mind in fantasy and assumptions, which are shallow and untrue. I am very easily led astray, deceived, easy prey, gullible. I wish to be able to discern what is really true and act accordingly. 
March 9, 2019 Round Three: The same sentences struck me again this time. My greatest teaching in this life is the contribution of my life as it is demonstrated to others. This is my greatest gift to myself, for as my life is demonstrated in its value to me, my estimation of myself will be redeemed. This is so wonderful and understandable. I am honored when others are strong, so there can be no belittling of others, or using others to gain an advantage. I am bolstered up by the strength of others. But I am one of the strong ones and I hope I pull people up by my example. I am not arrogant in this thought, it is just a fact and no big deal if others do not recognize it. I am not out to prove myself or anything. I have redeemed my true worth and estimation of myself in my own eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve