Step Two Hundred and Forty-Eight


Photo credit: http://www.artbycedar.com/blog/2008/07/08/cosmic-dance/

Step 248. I Will Rely Upon The Wisdom Of The Universe To Instruct Me.
Rely upon the wisdom of the universe. Do not rely upon yourself alone, for alone you know nothing. Alone, there is no Knowledge and no relationship. Rely upon the Wisdom of the universe, which is available to you within your Knowledge, which is stimulated by the presence of your Teachers. Do not think that you alone can do anything, for alone you can do nothing. But together with life, all things that are intended for your fulfillment and your greatest contribution are indicated and are so promised.

Therefore, remind yourself of this idea upon the hour and within your meditation practices, once again seek the refuge of Knowledge in stillness and in silence. Allow the Wisdom of the universe to express itself to you who are learning to receive this Wisdom in openness and in humility.

Allow this day to be a day of listening, a day of contemplation and a day of receptivity. Do not fall prey to habitual judgments or preoccupations, but allow this day to be a day of true access to life so that life may give unto you who are its servant.

Practice 248: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

January 24, 2014 Round One: “Allow the Wisdom of the universe to express itself to you who are learning to receive this Wisdom in openness and in humility.”

This is so pertinent and comforting for me to hear and practice today. I will not fall prey to habitual judgments or preoccupations but allow this day to be a day of true access to life. I accept the promise of this step and rely upon the wisdom of the universe to instruct me. Really it is so simple, I just let go of the reins and allow Knowledge and the Wisdom of the universe to guide me where I need to go.

April 11, 2015 Round Two: Can I do this? I can, for I must. I must rely on the wisdom of the universe and trust it to guide me. I cannot find the home for my soul alone.

ALONE by Maya Angelou

Lying, thinking
Last night
How to find my soul a home
Where water is not thirsty
And bread loaf is not stone
I came up with one thing
And I don't believe I'm wrong
That nobody,
But nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone.

There are some millionaires
With money they can't use
Their wives run round like banshees
Their children sing the blues
They've got expensive doctors
To cure their hearts of stone.
But nobody
No, nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Now if you listen closely
I'll tell you what I know
Storm clouds are gathering
The wind is gonna blow
The race of man is suffering
And I can hear the moan,
'Cause nobody,
But nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone.

March 13, 2019 Round Three: Today is a day of listening, contemplation and receptivity. I feel I’m in this mode most of the time now. Life is calm and harmonious, I do not think or over-analyze things too much any more, I do what I feel prompted to do. I feel the presence of my Teachers with me constantly.

I am alone again today. I am really glad for this extra time of contemplation and receptivity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen