Step Two Hundred and Forty-Five


Step 245. When Others Fail, I Am Reminded Of The Need For Knowledge.
When others fail, let this remind you of your need for Knowledge. Let your need for Knowledge not be underestimated. Thus, you need not respond with condemnation or judgment upon those who fail, but realize their great need and your great need. This will only confirm, then, the depth with which you must now prepare yourself. For you prepare yourself not only for your own advancement and fulfillment, but for the advancement and fulfillment of humanity. This is no idle claim or statement. It is absolutely the truth. For every step you take towards Knowledge, you give your accomplishment to the world, and you lessen the burden of all who struggle with their own fantasies and sense of failure.

Your life, then, becomes your teaching, for it is a life of Knowledge. It demonstrates the presence of Knowledge in the world, which is the presence of God. This happens as a result of your serving as an advanced vehicle for Knowledge. In your advancement all human capabilities are furthered, all human liabilities are dissipated and that which is most true and genuine in individual human life in the world is exalted. And that which is beyond all human life, but which contains human life, is affirmed as well. Therefore, another’s failure is a call for your involvement with Knowledge. It is a call for your advancement and strengthening because you have come into the world to give.

Remind yourself of this upon the hour and in your two longer practice periods, actively engage your mind in comprehending this idea. Think of every individual that you think has failed and realize the meaning of today’s lesson in light of those individuals serving you. Realize the need for Knowledge within their lives and within your life. They are committing errors to spark your commitment to Knowledge. They are serving you in this regard, and this calls for your gratitude not your condemnation. They are teaching you to value the valuable and to release the meaningless. Think not they are not saving you time. They are saving you time. They are demonstrating that which you need to learn and to accept. Therefore, commit yourself to their well-being for teaching you to value Knowledge. As you value Knowledge, the result of your value will be given back to them in return, and they will be strengthened and honored by your accomplishment.

Practice 245: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

January 20, 2014 Round One: I get this Step. I get the idea of viewing others failures as a signal to move closer to Knowledge. I fail when I am without Knowledge and am not aware of the power and presence of Knowledge within me. Others fail too without Knowledge. So when I see the failures of others I am reminded of the need for Knowledge. And I recognize that others fail only because they are not aware of the power and presence of Knowledge within them. This is not their fault, so I cannot condemn or judge them. I can only strengthen Knowledge in myself and reclaim it in the hope of demonstrating it to others. By failing, others are teaching me what not to do, reaffirming my need for Knowledge, reaffirming my commitment to reclaim Knowledge, reaffirming my confidence that I am on the right path. The lesson I learn from failures, my own and those of others, is what not to do if I am committed to strengthening Knowledge in the world.

April 9, 2015 Round Two: I am still digesting the significance of this Step today. I feel that this Step is giving me some valuable information regarding the situation I find myself in today. I am looking for guidance and trying not to allow myself to be misguided by the failure of others. I wish to see where the pitfalls are and be sure that I am not failing due to my inability to be with Knowledge and unawareness of the signs it is showing me. The signs seem to be wonderful and serendipitous, but there also appears to be some underwater rocks. The going is not smooth. I wish to navigate safely through the obstacles and not fall victim to failure.
March 10, 2019 Round Three: I get this Step and what I wrote the first time pretty much sums it all up. The failure of others shows me my need for Knowledge and the value of Knowledge in my life. Every step I take towards Knowledge helps to spread my accomplishment to the world and lessen the burden of all those who struggle with their own fantasies and sense of failure. I am aware of the surface turmoil of my mind today, the piddling things that distract me from following Knowledge. Below the surface I feel calm and balanced, but on the surface I am being drawn by extraneous thoughts that serve no purpose and only deprive me of my peace and joy in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve