Step Two Hundred and Fifty


There is One Great Truth on This Planet

Step 250. I Will Not Hold Myself Apart Today.
You can only be alone in fantasy, and fantasy will yield you nothing of value, permanence or meaning. Do not betray your Knowledge today by holding yourself apart. Do not punish yourself for errors which have no substance and which are in fact only an expression of confusion. There is no justification for error, and there is no justification for holding yourself apart. You are a part of life and you will need to rely upon your relationships with others and with life as a whole to accomplish anything, even to survive.

As you think about this, gratitude will naturally arise within you, and you will realize that the ground upon which you walk and everything that you see and touch that is useful and beneficial is the result of giving and cooperation. Then, your gratitude will bring forth love naturally, and from your love you will begin to understand how all things are accomplished in the universe. This will give you strength and the assurance of what you yourself must learn to do.

Upon the hour remember this, and in your deeper meditations allow yourself to receive. Do not hold yourself apart from Knowledge, which waits to bless you in your meditation practices. This is when you come to the altar of God to present yourself, and here God presents God to you who are learning to receive Knowledge.

Practice
 250
: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

January 27, 2014 Round One: This is a very valuable step for me today as I learn to be more a part of things. It is has been my natural tendency in life to hold myself apart, I have never been a “joiner” or had a lot of friends or social relationships. I even shun closer communication, if not outwardly, I do at some inner level, never feeling comfortable with the notion “my door is always open.” It is not always open, I draw boundaries. However, this steps says: “You are a part of life and you will need to rely upon your relationships with others and with life as a whole to accomplish anything, even to survive.”

I am beginning to appreciate this more and more and realize that I need to reach out more, allow my door to be open more, be willing to accept and receive more, realize that in the great changes that are coming, I cannot hold myself apart. Alone I will not survive.

April 13, 2015 Round Two: This Step is so pertinent for me today as I prepare to move into a new environment and engage in a new way of living. In this new environment, there are so many unknowns for me, so many things I have no experience in. If I hold myself apart, I will certainly not survive, so I wish to feel the love and gratitude that come from being a part of life and allowing Knowledge to bless me. I wish to be a part of life and rely upon my relationships with others.

P.S. I found the image for my photoquote today in a wonderful blog called Rowing Through Life. So many things the author writes about and shares resonate very deeply with me. Thank you for granting me permission to use this picture.

March 15, 2019 Round Three: Again I appreciate and realize how everything accomplished in this world is a result of relationship and joint effort. I need to rely upon my relationships with others and with life as a whole to accomplish anything, even to survive. I am past wanting to isolate completely, I see how I need others to survive and move forward in this life. I do not hold myself apart.

I am blending into village life. I am friendly with everyone, even though I do not invite people over and my door is still not open willingly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve