Step Two Hundred and Twenty-One


Step 221. I Am Free To Be Confused Today.
Do not view your confusion as a failure. Do not view your confusion as something that endangers you or belittles you. Confusion here is merely a sign that you are realizing the limitations of your own ideas and assumptions. You must give these up to allow Knowledge to become apparent to you, for in the face of all important decisions that require your attention this day, Knowledge has already provided an answer. It is not an answer that you can find amongst the many answers that you provide for yourself or that you assume others provide for you.

Therefore, let all substitutes for Knowledge fade from you. Allow yourself to be confused, for in your genuine confusion Knowledge may arise naturally. This, then, represents your freedom, for in freedom you are free to be confused.

Remind yourself of this idea upon the hour, and do not be complacent with simple explanations or assumptions about its great meaning for you. You must consider it deeply and realize that the true understanding that it holds for you will be revealed in time. Today allow yourself to be confused, for you are confused, and you must always begin from where you are. Knowledge is with you. You are free to be confused. In your longer practice periods today, enter into stillness whether you are confused or not, for stillness, grace and peace are always available to you.

Practice 221: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

November 26, 2013 Round One: What a difference a day makes! Some days you’re up and some days you’re down. Yesterday I didn’t feel confused, but decided to spend another day on this Step and see whether or not that might change.

Today some confusion has crept it, but I am immediately drawn to the words “Do not view your confusion as something that endangers you or belittles you. Confusion here is merely a sign that you are realizing the limitations of your own ideas and assumptions.” 


Now that is just truly superb! And what is even more superb is that this realization has allowed Knowledge to become apparent to me. This is my experience today, Knowledge has already provided me with an answer.


March 13, 2015 Round Two: This time I appreciate this concept of confusion so much more. I am certainly more aware of the limitations of my own ideas and assumptions. I am also aware that the answer Knowledge provides in any given situation is very different from the many answers I have already provided for myself or assume that others provide for me. 

Knowledge always has the only right answer, and it is often very different from anything I can conceive of myself. So I am surrendering to Knowledge today and allowing myself to be confused. This is indeed true freedom.

February 14, 2019 Round Three: I can be confused until the right answer emerges. The true answer will emerge from Knowledge in time, so until then I do not need to come up with my own answer based on my own ideas and assumptions. I am free to be confused today. I do not really feel confused today though, so I will just go along with things. I have a skype date with Amina at 11.30. I am debating going out for a walk early, before Sasha gets up. I enjoyed it so much yesterday. I made myself go even though it was blizzarding. And did not regret it. I even went in for a dip and just felt so glowing and zingy afterwards. I felt a warm glow all through my body for a long time afterwards, even after I got home. I am feeling fit and healthy. I have a strong vehicle for carrying and expressing Knowledge in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve