Step Two Hundred and Twenty-Five

People in Crimea are celebrating the first anniversary of rejoining their historical homeland Russia.
A serious event to be light-hearted about.

Step 225. Today I Will Be Serious And Lighthearted All At Once.
There is no contradiction in today’s message for you if it is understood. To take your life seriously is to receive its true grace, which will make you very happy. Therefore, you must be very serious with yourself as you are learning now to become a vehicle for Knowledge, and you may be very happy and lighthearted that Knowledge is with you. This, then, is the true application of your mind, for you are lighthearted with that which is lighthearted, and you are serious with that which is serious. A mind that is serious in its outward direction and lighthearted in its internal delight will be a mind that is fully integrated. This will be a mind where Heaven and Earth touch.

The grace that you will be receiving this day will engender happiness and true appreciation, yet the application it calls for will require your serious engagement, your sincere dedication and the genuine application of your mental and physical faculties. Here your strengths represent your happiness, and your happiness is strengthened by the application of your true abilities.

Think of this upon the hour as you repeat your idea for today. As you attempt your deeper meditation practices, seriously engage your mind so that it may experience the lightheartedness and the great joy of Knowledge. In this, you will see that today’s idea is entirely uniform in its meaning. In this, you will not confuse that which is happy and that which is serious. This will give you a greater comprehension of the world.

Practice
 225
: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

December 19, 2013 Round One: I really get this step, because it is my experience today. Not much else to say. I am undertaking a serious endeavor with lightness and joy in my heart. I love it!

March 17, 2015 Round Two: I have always felt that having a sense of humor and not taking things too seriously is a great asset. This is not to say I have a flippant attitude and brush things off. No, I get this step, because yes, this is my experience and I understand what it is saying. I take a lighthearted and joyous approach to serious applications of my mind. Knowledge is a joy, no matter how serious the things are it is showing me.

February 18, 2019 Round Three: This Step puts in a nutshell what I have been experiencing lately. I am serious with myself as I am learning to become a vehicle for Knowledge and lighthearted that Knowledge is with me. My mind is serious in its outward direction and lighthearted in its internal delight, so is fully integrated. I am experiencing this. My strengths represent my happiness and my happiness is strengthened by the application of my true abilities. This is what I experience when I translate the New Message. I understand the balance between being serious and lighthearted all at once. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen