Step Two Hundred and Seventeen


Step 217. I Give Myself To Knowledge Today.
Give yourself to Knowledge today by undertaking today’s practice with true commitment and dedication, letting no false or self-limiting ideas interfere with your genuine pursuit. In this way, you give yourself to Knowledge by allowing Knowledge to give itself to you. How small, then, is that which is asked of you and how great is your reward. For every moment you spend in experiencing stillness or engaging your mind meaningfully, Knowledge becomes stronger and ever more present within you. You may wonder, “What is my gift to the world?”Your gift is what you receive here today. Give yourself to Knowledge so that it may give itself to you.

Remember today’s idea upon the hour and enter into Knowledge in your two deeper practice periods. Throughout all of your practices today, demonstrate your intention to give yourself to Knowledge, which will require stillness and self-acceptance.

Practice 217: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

November 15, 2013 Round One: I spent many moments in experiencing stillness and engaging my mind meaningfully as I did this Step, and I truly felt Knowledge becoming stronger and ever more present within me.

I am convinced that my Teachers speak to me while I sleep, sometimes I awaken on mornings after asking for guidance on a particular issue feeling as though I have been drilled all night in my dreams. And they are not dreams as such with pictures and action, but a set of repetitive instructions which I understand totally while I am asleep but which seem to escape me upon awakening. I trust though that the information has been assimilated, that I am giving myself to Knowledge so it may give itself to me.

It is such a good feeling when I have been dilly-dallying about on an issue to then come to a place where I feel certain I am doing the right thing.

March 9, 2015 Round Two: …you give yourself to Knowledge by allowing Knowledge to give itself to you.”

Today I experienced delightful synchronicities. I received some good feedback on Facebook regarding a Russian Mystery of Ascension post I shared. I felt the power of my translation efforts with Kristina. I feel the growing connection with New Message people, the strength of our combined efforts. I wrote my first letter of welcome to a Russian who signed up on the New Message International Mailing List.


"Part of your development in The Way of Knowledge is to learn how to watch—to watch without coming to conclusions, to watch without trying to decide what is real or not, to watch without trying to connect what you are seeing with what you know already, but just watching.

"You watch the world and you listen, like the birds in the air and the animals in the field. You watch and you pay attention to your changing environment. This attentiveness is necessary. Without it, you will miss the signs of the world, and you will miss what Knowledge is telling you inside of yourself, which requires that you learn how to be in a receptive state.

"Receiving the power and presence of Knowledge requires a still and watchful state of mind."


This is in harmony with this Step for me. This is what giving myself to Knowledge means to me – watching, listening, paying attention to the signs.

February 10, 2019 Round Three: Every moment I spend in experiencing stillness or engaging my mind meaningfully will make Knowledge stronger and ever more present with me. So even if I do not do the 30-minute meditation practices regularly, but still spend some time in stillness here and there when I can, it makes a difference. I am connected to Knowledge and I feel its presence in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen