Step Two Hundred and Eighteen


Step 218. I Will Hold Knowledge Within Myself Today.
Along with Knowledge comes the wisdom of how to use Knowledge in the world. Thus, Knowledge is the source of your understanding and Wisdom is learning how to apply it meaningfully and constructively in the world. You are not yet wise, so keep Knowledge within yourself today. Allow it to strengthen itself. Allow it to grow. It will give itself naturally, without your attempting to force its expression. In time, you will learn to become wise, both through the demonstration of Knowledge and through your own errors. You have already committed a sufficient number of errors to demonstrate all that we are telling you.

Keep Knowledge within yourself today so that it may grow strong within you. Allow yourself to extend its presence to only one or two individuals whom you recognize can appreciate it, for your awareness of Knowledge is still a tender shoot within you and cannot yet withstand the vicissitudes of this world. It has not grown strong enough in your own understanding to counteract the raging fear and hatred that sweep across the world. Knowledge can withstand this without difficulty, but you who are learning to become a recipient and a vehicle for Knowledge are not yet strong enough.

Allow Knowledge to be kept within you today so that it may grow. Remind yourself of this upon the hour as you carry this jewel within your heart. In your deeper practice periods, which are times of freedom from limitation for you, allow yourself to return to your great love so that you may enter into true relationship with Knowledge. In time, all limitations to the expression of Knowledge will be lifted as you learn to wisely apply its communication in the world. But for now, keep Knowledge within your heart so that it may grow stronger and stronger.

Practice 218: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download 
http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

November 18, 2013 Round One: Keep Knowledge within yourself – meaning keep it to yourself, do not bandy it about, do not put it on show like a jewel for others to ogle at, for others may not understand and so I may be deprecating Knowledge in this way. I need to be discreet. This is what understand from this Step today. A jewel within my heart—so it is a jewel, but not one for unseeing eyes.

I appreciate this sentence: “You have already committed a sufficient number of errors to demonstrate all that we are telling you.”

Yes, I see the truth of what I am being told in this Step based on my past errors. I understand that Knowledge is not yet strong enough within me, so I must exercise caution, understand that I am a beginning student, that I still have a lot to learn, that I must not dissipate my strength and what I know needlessly, I must allow it to grow and become stronger.

“In time, all limitations to the expression of Knowledge will be lifted as you learn to wisely apply its communication in the world.”

I take this as great encouragement.


March 10, 2015 Round Two: Knowledge is not appreciated by many and I am not yet strong enough in Knowledge to be a true expression of it. I will hold it within me until the time is right to show it to the right people and at the right time. If I try to express Knowledge before it has become strong enough in me, I might do more harm than good. Today I tried to show my Knowledge, and it did not work too well. It is better when I keep it to myself and just allow it to work and be expressed unobtrusively.
February 11, 2019 Round Three: Knowledge is the source of my understanding in the world and Wisdom is learning how to apply it meaningfully and constructively in the world. Knowledge is not yet strong enough in me to be wisely applied. So I must keep it to myself until I have enough wisdom to apply it properly. I can share with one or two people I feel will be receptive. I am happy to do this. And I do do this.

I am happy I am setting boundaries, at least with myself, in my engagement with others. I no longer feel compelled to respond and reach out beyond where I really want to go. I do not need to know the details of other people’s lives, and they do not need to know mine. I will be more discreet. People want validation of themselves and appreciation of what they are doing and how they are living. This is what they seek in relationships, in friendships at least. I do too, at least I did. Now I see this is not necessary, so I do not need to be seeking attention or wanting people to know about me. I wish to keep a lower profile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen