Step Two Hundred


Step 200. My Thoughts Are Too Small To Contain Knowledge.
Your thoughts are too small, for Knowledge is greater. Your beliefs are too narrow, for Knowledge is greater. Therefore, treat Knowledge with mystery and do not attempt to create a form for it, for it is greater than this and will exceed your expectations. Allow, then, for Knowledge to be mysterious so that it may yield its gifts to you without restraints. Allow your thinking and ideas to apply to the visible world that you see, for here your thinking can develop in a useful manner as you understand the mechanism of your physical life and of your involvement with others. Yet, allow Knowledge to be beyond the mechanical application of your mind so that it may flow into each situation, bless it and give it purpose, meaning and direction.

Remind yourself of this idea upon the hour and consider it seriously in whatever situation you find yourself. In your two meditation practices today, allow yourself once again to enter stillness, using the RAHN practice if you find that helpful. Allow yourself to go beyond ideas. Allow yourself to go beyond habitual patterns of thinking. Allow your mind to become itself, for it was made to serve Knowledge.

Practice 200: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

October 8, 2013 Round One: There is nothing else for it but to allow Knowledge to be mysterious and yield its gifts to me without restraint. I cannot continue to confine my thinking to specific categories, to preconceived notions and ideas, I have to be able to think more expansively and allow life to take shape in the way Knowledge has in store for me. I admit to feeling confused and uncertain today, I seem to have lost my bearings, I am adrift and don’t really know where to go, what is best, what I should be doing. So there is no other choice but not to create a form for Knowledge and trust that it will lead me where I need to go and will exceed my expectations. I am too small to be able to fathom the greatness of Knowledge, all I can do is just keep on keeping on, allowing Knowledge "to flow into each situation, bless it and give it purpose, meaning and direction."

February 18, 2015 Round Two: Knowledge is more than my thoughts, more than my ideas, more than my conscious mind can fathom. This stands to reason. I cannot fit Knowledge into my mind, Knowledge is much more expansive, much greater, much more mysterious. I can only get on with what I need to do in this physical world and trust that somewhere along the way I will be privy to greater understanding.

January 23, 2019 Round Three: Another step of going beyond the mind and not confining myself, my thoughts, Knowledge to form, giving free rein to my mind, going beyond the mental application of my mind, so that Knowledge can flow into each situation, bless it, and give it purpose, meaning and direction.
I am learning to do this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen