Step One Hundred and Ninety


Step 190.  World Is Emerging Into The Greater Community Of Worlds And That Is Why I Have Come.
You have come into the world at a great turning point, a turning point only part of which you will see in your own lifetime. It is a turning point where your world gains contact with the worlds in its vicinity. This is the natural evolution of humanity, as it is the natural evolution of all intelligent life in all worlds. Your world is seeking a Greater Community. This will require that your world’s own internal community become unified. This is also a part of the evolution of all intelligent life in all worlds. You have come here to serve this. There are many levels of service and many things that need to be contributed—on a personal, on a community and on a world level. You are part of this great movement of life, for you are not here for your own purposes alone. You are here to serve the world, and thus be served in return.

Today in your two longer practice periods, investigate the idea for the day. Give it serious thought, observing those ideas that are in harmony with it and those ideas that disagree with it. Examine your feelings both for and against this idea. Examine your preferences, your prejudices, your beliefs, your hopes, your fears, and so forth. This constitutes the first half of each practice period. In the second half, enter stillness and silence, using the word RAHN if you find it to be helpful. Remember that both of these mental activities are necessary and complementary, as you shall learn in the future. Upon the hour repeat the idea for today. Allow it to provide that which you need to see the world in a new way.

Practice 190: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

September 4, 2013 Round One: It is being brought increasingly to my attention that I am not here for my own purposes alone, I am not here to further my own evolution, at least this is not the prime purpose, I am here to join with others in this world’s internal community to contribute to its further movement into the Greater Community. This is quite overwhelming, if you let it be. But I think the trick is to get out of my feeling of individuality and separateness and embrace the fact that I am part of the whole. This makes things less daunting, because it is not about “me,” rather it is about “us” and the impact each of us makes. I am recalling at this point something else I once heard, “Your life has nothing to do with you. It has to do with everyone you touch and the way in which you touch them.”

A quote from a New Message revelation spoke to me in the context of this step:  

"You must honor your presence here and recognize that you have a fundamental responsibility in being here, and you are accountable to those who sent you here." Listening for Knowledge.

Adria (a woman of Knowledge and Steps student said): One person can’t save Earth, but us doing our small best counts a lot!

February 8, 2015 Round Two: I accept the ideas presented in this Step. My ideas are in harmony with these ideas. I can make a contribution through my consciousness, through the Knowledge that abides in my deeper mind. This is the part of me that is connected with the whole.

I listened to my daughters today – one here, one there – but both turned to me and talked to me. What can I really do but listen? I cannot fix anything.

January 8, 2019 Round Three: I feel I have contemplated this idea sufficiently to this point in time and I get it. However, the world needs to be united to do this and it is not, so we are still in the early stages and there is a lot to be accomplished. I am doing what I can. My sister told me about the networking that is going on all over the place in the US these days--people in the work environment getting together to brainstorm. This seems to be a good thing. Things are happening at all levels. I can do my part in my present location. I am building a foundation from which to operate and do my part as I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve