Step One Hundred and Ninety-Four


Step 194. I Will Go Where I Am Needed Today.
Allow yourself to go where you are needed, where you need to go. This necessity of action will give value and meaning to your activities and will affirm your worth in all of your engagements this day. Go where you are needed, where you need to go. Discern the actual motivation for this and distinguish it from any sense of guilt or obligation to others. Do not place artificial demands upon yourself. Do not allow others to place artificial demands upon you beyond your simple duties in this day. Go where you are truly needed.

Remind yourself of this upon the hour, for its meaning must be penetrated to be experienced. If you are accustomed to guilt and obligation, today’s idea will seem to compound your difficulty. Yet, today’s idea is really an affirmation of Knowledge within you, providing an opportunity for Knowledge to guide you and to demonstrate its value to you. It has nothing to do with dependence, for you must be independent of false things to follow that which is true. This is the value of all independence.

In your longer practice periods, go deeply into Knowledge. And when you are in the world, keep this idea alive. Allow yourself to feel a deeper presence within you as you are out in the world of mundane things, as you are out in the world of small considerations. Greatness is here to serve the small. Remember.

Practice 194:
 
Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

September 13, 2013 Round One: This is so pertinent for me today – “Do not place artificial demands upon yourself. Do not allow others to place artificial demands upon you beyond your simple duties in this day. Go where you are truly needed.”

I often feel torn between what I feel I “ought” to be doing and what I “want” to be doing. And it is very difficult to know if, when choosing between the two, I am going where I am truly needed. Let Knowledge be my guide, let Knowledge always take me where I need to go.

February 12, 2015 Round Two: Yes, feelings of guilt and obligation pack a hard punch, but they are self-imposed. I wish to discern where I am truly needed and go there. I feel I am discerning this. I often think I am needed somewhere else and feel I need to go there. But every time I am brought back to the thought that where I am now is precisely where I need to be, nowhere else. And immediately a sense of comfort and wellbeing descends. I will not place artificial demands on myself. This is so freeing.

I did not need to go anywhere today, so I stayed at home. My home is my refuge, my home is my castle, this is where I feel most comfort, this is where I feel I am most needed, this is where I fulfill my mission and purpose in the world.
January 12, 2019 Round Three: I am not accustomed to guilt and obligation, so today’s idea seems natural to me, it does not compound my difficulty. I understand I need to follow Knowledge, feel a deeper presence. I am not sure how consciously I was feeling this deeper presence yesterday as I listened to the builders. I am not sure I listened beyond my preferences. This is going to cost money and people need to be paid for the work they do, so I can’t be stingy and worry about not having enough. I have always been provided for and will be now. I am where I need to be, I don’t need to go anywhere, apart from down the road to my True Home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen