Step One Hundred and Ninety-Five


Step 195. Knowledge Is More Powerful Than I Realize.
Knowledge is more powerful than you realize. It is also more wonderful than you realize. You are as yet afraid of it because of its great power. You are unsure if it will dominate you or control you, unsure of where it will take you and what you will have to do and unsure of what the result of all this will be. Yet, as you go away from Knowledge, you re-enter confusion and the world of imagination. As you come closer to Knowledge, you enter certainty, confirmation and a world of reality and purpose. How can you know Knowledge from a distance? How can you determine its meaning without receiving its gifts?

Come close to Knowledge today. Allow it to silently abide within you, as you are learning to silently abide with it. Nothing could be more central to your natural experience than the experience of Knowledge. Be glad that it is greater than you realize, for your evaluation has been small. Be glad that you cannot understand it yet, for your understanding would only limit it and its usefulness to you. Allow the great to be with you so that your greatness may be demonstrated and experienced today.

Take this idea with you and practice it upon the hour. Keep it in mind throughout the day. In your two longer practice periods, allow yourself to experience the depth of Knowledge. Feel the power of Knowledge. Strengthen your resolve to do so. Dedicate your self-discipline, for here self-discipline is wisely employed. Knowledge is greater than you realize. Therefore, you must learn to receive its greatness.

Practice 195:
 
Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

September 16, 2013 Round One: I acknowledge that Knowledge is more powerful than I realize, that it is greater than I realize, and I certainly am glad about this. I wish to remove the blinkers from my eyes, rid myself of my preconceived notions, and open myself to what Knowledge has in store for me. I am not afraid, for I sense that my experience in Knowledge will be far more glorious and far more right than anything I have experienced so far. I have no wish to re-enter confusion and the world of imagination, so I want to stay as close to Knowledge as I am able.

February 13, 2015 Round Two: It could not be otherwise. Knowledge is great and powerful, I cannot fully conceive of its magnificence, and this is how it should be. I am not afraid of its power, I embrace it and wish it to manifest itself in my life to the extent possible at this particular point in time. I am not afraid that it will dominate and control me, for I am ready and willing for it to lead me where I need to go. I am shedding all illusions and fantasies. I am aware that my personal mind likes to conjure up stories and scenarios that have no bearing on real life. I wish to see through these illusions and fantasies to understand the Truth. I fully trust Knowledge to show me the way.

January 13, 2019 Round Three: I am glad for this, for my evaluation has been small. I am glad I cannot understand it, for my understanding would only limit it and its usefulness to me. I am applying this to what I think about the builders - I am standing apart from Sasha’s evaluation. I see that Pavel does not feel compelled to call when he says he will, since he has other things going on. He will give us a quote when he brings the wood. Of course, I cannot help but allow doubt to creep in - is he really trustworthy? Will he keep up his end of the bargain? But it is not in his best interests to do otherwise. I will trust that Knowledge is leading me and all will be well, for Knowledge is more powerful than I realize. As I move away from Knowledge, I re-enter confusion and the world of imagination. So I need to come to Knowledge, to certainty, confirmation and a world of reality and purpose. I will allow it to silently abide with me today. I will dedicate my self-discipline to this end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen