Step One Hundred and Ninety-Eight


Step 198. Today I Will Be Strong.

Be strong today. Follow the plan that is given to you. Do not hold yourself back or alter the instructions in any way. There are no shortcuts here; there is only the direct way. You are given the steps. Follow them. Be strong today. Only your ideas of yourself speak of weakness. Only your evaluation of yourself says that you are pathetic, incapable or inadequate. You must have faith in your strength and exercise this faith to realize your strength.

Upon the hour repeat this statement and attempt to experience it in whatever circumstance you find yourself. Within your two deeper practice periods today, use your strength to engage in stillness completely. Allow your mind to be freed of the chains of its own concepts. Allow your body to be freed of a tormented mind. In this, your mind and your body will settle into their natural function, and all things will fall into right order within you. Knowledge will then find expression through your mind and through your body. From this you will be able to bring into the world that which is greater than the world, and your life will be confirmed as a result.

Practice 198:
 Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

October 1, 2013 Round One: There is no other choice but to be strong. If I am not, I will be swept away in the barrage of ludicrousness, for want of a better way to describe it, that life throws out. I am not pathetic, incapable or inadequate – I don’t believe this any more! Now there’s progress for you! Hurrah! I have faith in my strength – yes, I am strong! I can do it.

February 16, 2015 Round Two: Allow your mind to be freed of the chains of its own concepts.” 

I hear this call, I heed this call. It is so hard to free the mind of the chains that bind it, of the illusions and fantasies it conjures up. I just wish to be, to live my life, and stop thinking so much.
January 21, 2019 Round Three: I am to be strong today and not allow my ideas about myself to lead me astray - I am not pathetic, incapable or inadequate. I am to have faith in my strength and exercise this faith to realize my strength. I do believe I am strong and I exercise this faith to realize my strength. I am not pathetic, incapable or inadequate. I sometimes do things wrong or not thoroughly enough, or make mistakes, but that does not mean I am not strong. I am strong, self-disciplined and determined.
Meditation - 5.26 - 5.56. Mind expansion. I am better able to remain in this space, the place beyond my surface mind, the expansive place where Knowledge resides. I feel it in my head, this pressure, this expansion.

Recently I read something in a journal I wrote when I was 17 years old and just beginning to venture out into the world. I wrote about my fear of not turning out to be the person I thought I was, afraid of being incapable of manifesting the power I felt within me to move me forward in life. I am happy to say that my fears were unfounded.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen