Step One Hundred and Eighty-Three


Step 183. I Seek Experience Not Answers.
Seek experience today, for experience will answer all questions and make questioning unnecessary. Seek experience today so that it may lead you to greater and greater experience. It is better for you to ask questions of Knowledge and then receive the experience that Knowledge can give you. You are accustomed to receiving so little in response to your inquiries. An answer is so very little. A true answer must be an invitation to participate in a greater preparation, in a preparation you have not prepared for yourself but which has been prepared for you. Therefore, seek not for little things that give you momentary relief or comfort. Seek for that which is the foundation of your life, which can provide life to you as never before.

Today, in your two deeper practices, become receptive to this experience. You may use the word RAHN if you find it helpful, but enter deeply into the experience of Knowledge. Do not seek for answers. Ideas will come to you in their own time and in their own way. You can be assured of that. As your mind is prepared, it will become truly receptive and truly capable of carrying out what it receives. This is the acknowledgement that you need. It must be born of great experience.


Upon the hour remind yourself of your practice, and realize it is genuine experience that you are seeking and not answers alone. Your mind is full of answers, and they have not answered your questioning thus far.

Practice 183:
 Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

August 22, 2013 Round One: I have to admit to being a person who likes to ask questions and receive answers. However, as I practice Steps I am beginning to understand the value of experience over answers, and what it means to have a true answer.

“A true answer must be an invitation to participate in a greater preparation, in a preparation you have not prepared for yourself but which has been prepared for you.”

I am beginning to experience this, allowing ideas to come in their own time and own way, and gaining a deeper understanding of what it means to be receptive. I wish to cultivate this and be capable of carrying out what my mind receives.

February 1, 2015 Round Two: I experienced this experience today. There is no questioning, just a feeling of knowing. I knew the Presence was with me. It does not need words to describe it. It just is. A deep, penetrating sense of wellbeing and gratitude.
January 1, 2019 Round Three: Happy New Year! I have a good feeling about this year. It was so quiet this morning when I went out at around 5 am. Only a few firecrackers went off yesterday. I feel calm, harmonious, in balance this morning with a rippling of quiet joy. I am ready for what the year holds, Hoping to keep a low profile. I will not talk about what’s going on with building our house until it has happened. Today I am not to seek answers, it is better for me to ask questions of Knowledge and then receive the experience that Knowledge can give me. I am to seek for that which is the foundation of life, which can provide life to me as never before. I see this foundation as our home on our plot. Once living there, my foundation will be laid and I will see what I need to do.
Meditation - 7.12 - 7.22. Too distracted by thoughts to go very deep, although I did the chakra visualization and RAHN breathing. I feel a cleansing, a fresh start, an optimism, a ready-to-take-what-comes feeling.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen