Step One Hundred and Eighty-Seven


Step 187. I Am A Citizen Of The Greater Community Of Worlds.
You are not merely a human being in this one world. You are a citizen of the Greater Community of Worlds. This is the physical universe that you recognize through your senses. It is far greater than you can now comprehend. The extent of its relationships are far greater than you can even imagine, for reality is always greater than imagination.

You are a citizen of a greater physical universe. This acknowledges not only your Lineage and your Heritage but also your purpose in life at this time, for the world of humanity is growing into the life of the Greater Community of Worlds. This is known to you, though your beliefs may not yet account for it. Understand this distinction very carefully.

Today, upon the hour, affirm your citizenship in the Greater Community of Worlds, for this affirms a greater life that you are now beginning to discover. In your two meditation practices, once again enter stillness and quietude. This growing experience of stillness will enable you to understand all things, for your mind was created to assimilate Knowledge, and this is how understanding comes about. The accumulation of ideas and the accumulation of theories do not constitute either Knowledge or understanding, for understanding is born of true affinity and experience. In this, it has no parallel in the world and can thus serve the world that you perceive.

Practice 187:
 
Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

August 28, 2013 Round One: I am willing to accept that I am a citizen of the Greater Community of Worlds, I even know this at some level, so it is not totally bizarre to me and I have no problem with holding it to be true; it does not conflict with my beliefs. Now I am affirming my citizenship in the Greater Community of Worlds and am ready to embrace the greater life that I am now beginning to discover. And I truly am aware that “understanding is born of true affinity and experience.” This is so for me.

February 5, 2015 Round Two: The accumulation of ideas and the accumulation of theories do not constitute either Knowledge or understanding, for understanding is born of true affinity and experience.” 

This again jumps out at me today. Knowledge is not ideas or theories, Knowledge goes deeper and transcends all understanding at the mental level. Knowledge is a knowing at the spiritual level “born of true affinity and experience.” Yes.


I am a citizen of the Greater Community of worlds. This stands to reason. I often look at the stars and feel a deep nostalgia, a yearning to go home. Life spreads beyond this planet to embrace an entire community of intelligent life in the Universe. This is a given.

P.S. Revisiting this Step again today on Thursday, July 6, 2017, I can say that I am aware that I have lived somewhere else in the Universe before coming to live on Earth. So this statement that I am a citizen of the Greater Community rings a bell for me and my familiarity is indeed "born of true affinity and experience."

P.P.S. Revisiting this Step again today on Friday, July 6, 2018. I would like to share a video by Marshall that has come out since my last posting precisely on this subject. It has confirmed my thoughts that I am a Greater Community person.




January 5, 2019 Round Three: I get this Step. My understanding is born of true affinity and experience. It has no parallel in the world and thus can serve the world that I perceive. This is mysterious, but I know and understand it at a deeper level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen