Step One Hundred and Eighty-Nine


Step 189. My Spiritual Family Exists In All Places.
Your spiritual family is greater than you realize. It exists in many worlds. Its influence is everywhere. That is why it is so meaningless to consider yourself to be alone when you are part of something so great that serves the greatest of all purposes. You must relinquish your self-condemnation and your sense of littleness to know this, for you have identified with your behavior in the world, which is little. You have identified with your personal mind and your physical body, which are little. Yet, now you are beginning to realize your relationship with life itself through Knowledge, which is great. This is done without punishing the personal mind or the physical body, for they become useful and enjoyable as they learn to serve a greater purpose. Then the body has health and the personal mind is utilized, rendering them meaning which they now lack.

Your physical need is for health, but your health is to serve a greater purpose. You need right utilization for your personal mind, which will give it meaning and value, for it only seeks to be included in that which is meaningful. What enables your personal mind and your physical body to find their rightful place in your life is Knowledge, which provides purpose, meaning and direction for you.

This is true in all worlds. This is true throughout the physical universe of which you are a citizen. Expand your view of yourself so that you may learn to be objective about your world. Do not merely cast human values, assumptions and goals upon your world, for this blinds you to the world’s purpose and evolution and makes it far more difficult for you to appreciate that you are a citizen of a greater life.

Today, in your two longer practices, engage your mind in active investigation of this idea. Spend the first fifteen minutes engaged in this investigation in both of your two longer practice periods. Try to seriously investigate the meaning of today’s idea. Then, when your investigation is complete, allow your mind to re-enter stillness. Realize the contrast between active mental engagement and mental stillness. Understand that both are important and complement one another. Upon the hour repeat the idea and consider it as you view the world around you.

Practice 189: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

September 1, 2013 Round One: By Jove, I think I’m beginning to get it! It makes no sense to belittle myself if I am claiming to reclaim Knowledge, which I am. The words “What enables your personal mind and your physical body to find their rightful place in your life is Knowledge” jumped out at me while I did this Step, and although my personal mind and physical body are little, I have a relationship with Knowledge, which is great. So this has nothing to do with me individually, but everything to do with my part in the greater scheme of things, in my relationship with life through Knowledge. This makes perfect sense to me today. I get the distinction between me, personally, and me as I reclaim Knowledge and allow it to work in my life, me as a citizen of a greater life. It may not make sense to anyone else, but it makes perfect sense to me.

February 7, 2015 Round Two: This continues to ring true in my life and my understanding of how things work in the Universe. Something Marshall said on the Chat today resonates for me in the context of this Step, “you are not your mind. You are looking through the mind into the world. Who are you? Keep moving...”

This is what I am trying to do. And I am making a concerted effort to realize the contrast between active mental engagement and mental stillness. Stillness is still hard for me, but I am beginning to feel the difference, and I am aware that stillness provides a different perspective. There is a deep knowing in stillness that transcends all else.

January 7, 2019 Round Three: This Step calls for active mental engagement and mental stillness again. I did 18 minutes of mental engagement from 5.20 - 5.38 then about 8 minutes of stillness. Mind expansion - went to the dark inky place and then through it to the light and radiance. I understand that my Spiritual Family exists everywhere and that it is much greater than I realize. I am coming to a greater awareness, however, of the potential members of my Spiritual Family here in the world at this time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen