Step One Hundred and Sixty-Two




Step 162. I Will Not Be Afraid Today.
Today let not fear overtake your mind. Let not the habit of negative imagination capture your attention and emotions. Be involved with life as it truly is, which you may perceive without condemnation. Fear is like a disease that comes and takes you over. But you need not give in to fear because your source and your roots are deeply planted in Knowledge, and you are now becoming stronger in Knowledge.

Remind yourself upon the hour not to let fear overtake you. When you begin to feel its effects, in whatever manner that it exerts its influence upon you, withdraw from it and claim your allegiance to Knowledge. Give your confidence to Knowledge. In your two deeper practice periods today, give yourself to Knowledge. Give your mind and your heart so that you may be strengthened in that certainty where fear can never enter. Your fearlessness in the future must not be born of pretense, but born of your certainty in Knowledge. In this way, you will be a refuge of peace and a source of wealth for others. This is what you are meant to be. This is why you have come into the world.

Practice 162:
 
Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

July 4, 2013 Round One: I am happy to say that fear is an ever smaller component in my life today, while my certainty in Knowledge just grows and grows. I would like to think that I am a refuge of peace and a source of wealth for others, but I realize this is a tall order and takes a lot of time and effort, perseverance and diligence. I can only hope that I am slowly but surely, step by step, coming closer to this as I consciously claim my allegiance to Knowledge every day. It is becoming clearer and clearer to me that the reason I have come into the world is to reclaim Knowledge. This is the unwavering truth, this is the beacon that shines before me and leads me ever on.

All I can say today is that I feel a deeper sense of peace, a stronger feeling that, no matter what, I can take whatever life throws my way, a deeper certainty in my ability to handle it, a more confident knowing that Knowledge is with me and that I am learning to be with it.

Chapter 25, "Escaping Fear" from Wisdom from the Greater Community Volume One is helpful for this Step.

"In the reclamation of Knowledge, you will have to override your fear again and again. You are not at war here. You are simply choosing another way. 'I choose to go this way, afraid or not. I follow Knowledge in this situation, no matter what.' Then you pass through fear as if you were passing through a great black cloud. To do this, you must realize that your fear is not you. There must be some objectivity here. 'This fear--it is not evil, it is not bad, but it is not me. I will be attentive to it, but it is not me.'"

January 6, 2015 Round Two: "I pray I will have the patience and the self-discipline to hold back my fearful and reactive tendencies." (This is a line from the New Message Daily Prayer.)

There is nothing to fear, for Knowledge is with me. I can be a source of wealth and a refuge of peace. 
December 10, 2018 Round Three: I will not let fear overtake me or engage in negative imagination. I need not fear for my source and roots are deeply planted in Knowledge. I give my heart and mind to KNowledge so that I may be strengthened in this today and do not allow fear to overtake me. I feel I have a good grasp on this.
Meditation 5.20-5.35 I have made a decision to withdraw from all social media and no longer blog in the New Year. I will change my FB account to Alison Murphy and only have family members as friends. I am done with social media, blogging, being seen in the world, virtual relationships. I will just be me--wife, mother, translator, gardener, disappearing into the woodwork, no one will miss me.
I opened Secrets of Heaven to p. 115: “Those who seek freedom must relinquish freedom entirely. There is no freedom in freedom. It is when you move out of freedom that you are free. Is this not a contradiction? When there is choice, there is bondage, for you have not reached what is irrevocable. Only what is irrevocable has freedom, for only it is consistent and whole and at peace, because it is irrevocable. An irrevocable decision is not a decision. It is Knowledge.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen