Step One Hundred and Sixty-Nine

The True Self

Step 169. The World Is Within Me. This I Know.
The world is within you. You can feel it. Through Knowledge you can feel the presence of all relationships. This is the experience of God. This is why your meaningful relationships with other individuals hold such great promise, for in genuine union with another you can begin to experience union with all life. This is why you genuinely seek relationships. This is your true motivation in relationships—to experience union and to express your purpose. People think that their relationships are to fulfill their fantasies and to fortify themselves against their own anxiety. This must be unlearned so that the true purpose of relationships may be revealed and comprehended. Thus, unlearning comes first in the process of learning. In this, you learn how to learn. In this, you learn how to receive.

Practice upon the hour this day, remembering your idea. Today in your deeper meditations, once again use the word RAHN to take you deeper into the depth of Knowledge. Repeat the idea at the beginning of your practice and then, upon each exhale, repeat the word RAHN quietly to yourself. Allow this to center your mind. Allow this to connect you with the depth of Knowledge. Here you go deeper than you have gone before. In this, you will find all that you seek, and there will be no confusion about the world.

Practice 169: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

July 13, 2013 Round One: I do not believe my relationships are to fulfill my fantasies and fortify myself against my own anxiety. I seek meaningful relationships with other individuals, although I have to admit that a genuine union with another is hard to come by. However, I have no trouble accepting that the world is within me, this is something I truly feel. In my practice, I was able to center my mind and feel my connection with Knowledge. I feel this deeper connection where there is less confusion, less judgment, less condemnation. It may not be constant, but I am making progress.

January 13, 2015 Round Two: This time I had trouble concentrating and connecting with Knowledge, going deeper into my mind. I had trouble keeping up with saying RAHN as I exhaled, I could do that for no more than ten minutes. I made an honest attempt though. I showed up and did the practice, even though I did not feel any immediate benefit from it. Some days are better than others. On the days that are not so good, I don’t allow myself to get despondent. I just take note of my mood, my feelings, and understand that I cannot be riding high in the saddle every day. The point is to make the effort, to practice with good intention and fortitude. Even on the days that are not so good, something percolates through, something is going on at a deeper level that may not be obvious today, but will open and blossom another day.
December 17, 2018 Round Three: Through Knowledge I can feel the presence of all relationships. This is the experience of God. Through genuine union with another, I begin to experience union with all life. My true motivation in relationships is to experience union and express my purpose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen