Step One Hundred and Fifty-Eight


Step 158. I Am Rich So I Can Give.
Only the rich can give, for they are not destitute. Only the rich can give, for they are not comfortable with a possession unless it is given. Only the rich can give, for they cannot understand their possession until it is given. Only the rich can give, for they wish to experience gratitude as their only reward.

You are rich and you can give. You possess a wealth of Knowledge already, and this is the greatest possible gift. Any other action, any other favor, any other object that is a gift is only meaningful insofar as it is imbued with Knowledge. This is the unseen essence of all true gifts and all true giving. You have a great storehouse of this essence, which you must learn to receive. You are rich beyond your own awareness. Even if you are financially poor, even if you think you are alone, you are rich. Your giving will demonstrate this today. Your giving will demonstrate the source, the depth and the meaning of your wealth and will imbue all of your giving with the essence of giving itself. You will find in time that you will give without trying and that your life itself will be a gift. Then, your life will demonstrate the wealth that each person possesses but which they have not yet learned to receive.

Repeat this idea upon the hour, and in your two longer meditation practices, experience your own wealth. Experience the presence and the depth of Knowledge. Be the recipient of Knowledge and give yourself to Knowledge, for in giving yourself to your practice, you affirm your own wealth already, which only needs to be affirmed to be fully realized.

Practice 158: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

June 17, 2013 Round One: I possess a wealth of Knowledge! How marvelous is that! And it is the greatest possible gift and I am rich, because I can give it away, and in giving I receive, thus I am richer still. This is a fundamental law of the Universe. I affirm my wealth today!

January 1, 2015 Round Two: The richer I grow in Knowledge, the more I have to give. And I can only give what I already have, so I wish to grow in Knowledge in order to give more of it.

I am recalling one of my favorite Christmas carols from my younger days called "In the Bleak Midwinter." I always welled up when singing the last verse.

"What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart."



December 6, 2018 Round Three: I am rich in Knowledge, so I can give. It will come naturally. I will naturally give so I can receive. My life itself will be a gift. I am to experience the presence and depth of Knowledge, be a recipient of Knowledge, give myself to Knowledge, give myself to my practice. I affirm my own wealth. Can I give of my life? I feel there is an important lesson to learn here in terms of Volodya. How can I give to him graciously? I do not want to be mean. But nor do I wish to be taken advantage of. Part of me does not want to let Volodya get away with his exploitation of us. I did not meditate this morning. I began, but then Masha distracted me with her meowing to get in. I did not return to it. I got a lot of other things done in that 30-min period. I am not feeling into this today. Why am I doing it anyway? Because I am afraid that if I don’t my life will fall apart? It hasn’t so far....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen