Step One Hundred and Thirty-Three


Step 133. Review
Today we shall review the past week of preparation. Review this objectively without condemnation, once again realizing your advancements and your limitations and strengthening your resolve. For it is your desire for Knowledge that we wish to cultivate as well as your capacity. It is right thinking, right action and true motivation that will advance you naturally in the direction in which you are meant to go. Each step forward will give you a greater sense of purpose, meaning and direction in life and will free you from attempting to resolve matters that do not require resolution and from attempting to understand things out of fear and anxiety. The more at peace you are with your nature, the more your nature can express the greatness that you have brought with you. Thus, you will become a light unto all around you, and you will marvel at the events of your own life, which in itself will be a miracle.

In your long practice period today, undertake your review with depth and sincerity. Do not let anything dissuade you from your practice today. It is your practice that is your gift to God, for you give yourself in your practice, and you receive your gift as well.

Practice 133: One long practice period.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

May 6, 2013 Round One: This past week of Steps and the review have shown me that I need to keep a broader perspective and “get out of myself,” so to speak. There is a fine balance between recognizing I have an inner life, a deeper mind, and becoming self-absorbed and introverted, even egotistical. I so want to become a light unto all around me, but I understand that this must come naturally, without conscious effort, without trying to make an impression or draw attention to myself. I am still far from this, but I will not be dissuaded. I wish to be at peace with my nature and allow it to work in my favor, permitting me to give and receive at the same time.

This review has shown me that I still have a lot to learn, that I still have not “got it” and that maybe I am still missing some vital point. I constantly ask for clarity, for clarity to see the Truth.

December 3, 2014 Round Two: "For it is your desire for Knowledge that we wish to cultivate as well as your capacity."

I have a great desire for Knowledge, of this there is no doubt.

Today I wish to remain unto myself, I have no inclination to share or to communicate. People are people, the world is the way the world is and does what it will do, I have no complaints, I just don’t wish to be a part. I am not supposed to isolate, I am supposed to join, but often I just want to hide away.

I feel I have made quite a lot of progress since the first time I did this review. I am definitely not as self-absorbed and into myself as I was then. I am coming closer to the mystery, but still I feel I have not grasped the "essential point" that will allow everything to fall into place. And if I did, would I still be here?

I reread the past week of Steps and my responses. And I thought, “By Jove (to use a good British expression), I do believe she’s got it!” Now if I can walk the talk I will be doing myself a better service (lol)! It all sounds very hunky dory when typed out on the screen and often I feel it is not me writing. Which brings me to think it is coming from some deeper place and all I need to do is hold onto it, integrate it, and make it part of my conscious thinking all the time. A tall order? Maybe. But there is no harm in trying.

November 11, 2018 Round Three: I don’t really feel like doing this review, but I will.I am not to let anything dissuade me from my practice. My practice is my gift to God, and as I give, so shall I receive. I am to be at peace with my nature. My nature is not to engage when I don’t feel like it. I will do the best I can. This week of Steps has not been too pertinent to me in my current circumstances. I feel I have grown past the things it draws attention to. I don’t need to get even with God, and never have, this is not an issue for me. I know my Teachers are with me and I am with them. Relationships - I am prepared if I still need to meet people. I leave the door open. I have the experience of true purpose in life. And I am free to join. I am also free not to join. I am in a good place. I am happy with myself and my life. I am where I need to be, with the people I need to be with, doing the things I need to do. My life is a miracle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen