Step One Hundred and Thirty-Seven


Step 137. I Will Accept The Mystery Of My Life.
Your life is a mystery. Your origin, your purpose here and your destination when you leave are very mysterious. They can only be experienced to be comprehended. How can you, at this given moment, understand the mystery of your life? You would have to be at the end of your life to understand what has transpired thus far, and you are not at the end of your life in the world. You would have to see the world from your Ancient Home to understand the true meaning of the world. You are in the world now, so you must be present to the world. Yet, this mystery can be experienced and must be experienced. You cannot understand it at this moment, but in this moment you can experience it fully. Within this experience, it will yield to you all of the things that you now need to take the vital step that is waiting for you to take.

Therefore, do not burden your mind with the requirement of understanding, for you will seek the impossible and will only confuse yourself and add to the burden of your thinking. Rather, give yourself to experience the mystery of your life with wonder and appreciation that the world is far greater than what your senses have reported thus far and that your life is far greater than what your judgments have determined.

Repeat this idea upon the hour and practice your RAHN meditation twice today with great depth and sincerity. Allow your practice today to reaffirm your commitment to Knowledge, for you need only follow the steps as they are given.

Practice 137: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

May 10, 2013 Round One: When I began the Steps last year I did not want my life to be a mystery, I wanted to know all the answers, if not now, then as soon as possible. Having made it this far, however, my thinking has changed and I am willing to accept that my life is a mystery and that I am not going to know anything for sure until I reach the end.

Living a life in the world is a learning process, the emphasis being on process, and while I am in the process, I cannot know the final outcome. I will have to wait and see. In the meantime, there is something I can do—I can keep putting my best foot forward with the understanding that more of the mystery will be revealed as I do this. I cannot know the mystery of my life just now, but I can experience that it is a mystery and allow it to unfold naturally.

"give yourself to experience the mystery of your life with wonder and appreciation."

ahhhhh indeed!

December 8, 2014 Round Two: “do not burden your mind with the requirement of understanding, for you will seek the impossible and will only confuse yourself and add to the burden of your thinking.”

In the time that has elapsed between now and the last time I did this Step, I am happy to report that my need to know things has greatly diminished. I am very happy to accept the mystery of my life and relinquish my need to know all the answers and as soon as possible. I am happy to accept that my life is a mystery beyond comprehension while I am in the world. I am happy to know that I knew things before I came into the world and will know more when I leave.


I recall another responder taking the Steps to Knowledge writing in response to this step, “There is a cosmic library of every wisdom I will ever need, and it's called Knowledge.” I remember identifying with this very much and wanting to hold onto it. She went on to say, “It will guide to where I need to be and to what I need to know. I don't have to carry everything around. What I need to know will be revealed to me.” 

This is very pertinent for a person like me wants to know everything. It is part of relinquishing my hold, I will remember that what I need to know will be revealed to me in due course. I accept the mystery of my life.

November 15, 2018 Round Three: I accept the mystery of my life and follow the steps as they are given.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve