Step One Hundred and Forty-Seven


Step 147. Review
In your review this week allow yourself to realize the lessons that are being presented to you. Take special care to recognize the empowerment that is being offered to you as you exert your will for good. Note as well the requirement that you accept yourself beyond your current understanding, that you honor yourself beyond your current evaluation of yourself and that you experience life beyond your own thoughts and prejudices. Recognize the opportunity that is being given to you, and realize that each moment that you spend in sincere application furthers your progress tremendously and establishes a permanent advancement for you. If you think of what you would want to give to the world, give your advancement. From this all good things which you have come to give, according to your nature and your design, will be given completely. Thus, your gift to the world now is your preparation so that you may learn to give.

In your long practice period, review the past week—your lessons, your practices, your experiences, your accomplishments and your difficulties. View this objectively and determine how you may give yourself to your practices more completely in the future.

Practice 147: One long practice period.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

May 28, 2013 Round One: I am willing to accept and honor myself beyond my current understanding and current evaluation of myself today and in fact take great comfort in this. This past week of Steps has had a very grounding effect—practicing confidence and consistency and honoring myself, the world, and my Teachers is helping to form a strong anchor and strengthen my inner fulcrum, making it easier to deal with the buffeting and blows tossed out by life. I am advancing little by little and want to give my advancement to the world. I am preparing and laying the ground for the future.

December 19, 2014 Round Two: “Note as well the requirement that you accept yourself beyond your current understanding, that you honor yourself beyond your current evaluation of yourself and that you experience life beyond your own thoughts and prejudices.”

This is precisely what I need to hear today. In the aftermath of what Ursula told me yesterday and my inclination to doubt myself again and slide into self-blame, I am instead pulled to honor myself beyond my current evaluation of myself – I am more than my small self, I am part of a Greater Reality.

Confident, consistent, still, honor myself, honor the world, honor my Teachers.

I feel I have accomplished something. Ursula expressing her emotions has not set me back, I feel even stronger in Knowledge, I feel even more anchored on my course, I feel even more convinced that I am in the right place with the right people doing the right thing. Knowledge is with me now, was with me in the past, and will be with me in the future. This is the Truth.

I want to share a prayer here suggested by another New Message responder.

I ACCEPT MY KNOWLEDGE AS A GIFT FROM GOD. I accept my Teachers as my elder brothers and sisters. I accept my world as a place where Knowledge can be reclaimed and contributed. I accept my past as a demonstration of life without Knowledge. I accept the miracles of my life as a demonstration of the presence of Knowledge and I give myself now to cultivate that which is of the greatest good within myself to be given to the world.

November 25, 2018 Round Three: My gift to the world is my preparation, so I am to learn to give it. I am to recognize the empowerment being offered me, I am to accept myself beyond my current understanding, honor myself beyond my current evaluation, shed prejudices. I recognize the opportunity being given me and realize that each moment I spend in sincere application furthers my progress. Steps for the week concentrate on being confident, being consistent, being still, honoring myself, honoring the world, and honoring my Teachers. I feel I have assimilated the lessons into my life, into my being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen