Step One Hundred and Twenty-One


Step 121. Today I Am Free To Give.
You are free to give today because your life is becoming simple and your needs are being met. This frees you to give, for once you have received, you will only want to give.

You will have a special practice two times today where you are to think of someone in need and then give them a quality that you wish to receive yourself. Send that individual that quality. Send them love or strength or faith or encouragement or determination or surrender or acceptance or self-discipline—whatever they need to bring about resolution in their lives. You are free to give this today, for your own needs are being met.

Therefore, in each of your two practices, with your eyes closed, bring to mind individuals and give to them what you know they need. Do not try to solve their problems for them. Do not try to strengthen a preferred outcome, for you cannot usually know the right outcome for any other person. But you can always give strength of character and strengthen their faculties of mind. This will give you your own sense of purpose and will reassert these qualities within yourself, for you must possess them to give them, and in giving them you realize that they are in your possession already.

As you practice today, have no doubt that what you exert for others will be received by them on their own behalf.

Practice 121:
 Two 30-minute practice periods.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 20, 2013 Round One: This Step addresses another fundamental law of the Universe – give away what you wish to receive yourself and it shall be returned to you manifold. I cannot know for sure if the qualities I send to others are consciously received by them or make a difference in their lives, I can only experience the gifts manifesting in my own life. And I experienced this today.

November 21, 2014 Round Two: This was a good practice. The quality I gave to the people who came to mind during my two practices was compassion. This is a quality I wish to develop in myself. I was led to the New Message quotes about Compassion. I realized I can only be compassionate toward others if I have compassion for myself.
 "Compassion is observing yourself without judgment, aligning yourself with the truth to the extent that you can experience it, being a direct participant in life, choosing what is true over what seems comfortable or accommodating to others and seeking truth over advantage."
October 30, 2018 Round Three: I am to think of people and give them something I wish for myself. It only took 10 minutes to give to the people I wish to give to - Claire - belief in self and abilities, knowing that she is a being of light, Greg - confidence in ability to converse in a foreign language, Ursula - forgiveness, non-judgment, Tom - self-discipline, Mike - self-trust, knowing he is capable of doing something great, Sasha - flexibility, seeing things from another person’s point of view, These are attirbutes I am cultivating in myself so I am free to give today.

I have this Step integrated into my being.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen