Step One Hundred and Seven


Step 107. Today I Will Learn To Be Happy.
Learning to be happy is simply learning to be natural. Learning to be happy is learning to accept Knowledge today. Knowledge is happy today. If you are not happy, you are not with Knowledge. Happiness does not always mean having a smile on your face. It is not a behavior. Genuine happiness is a sense of self, a sense of wholeness and satisfaction. If a loss has occurred in your life, a loss of a loved one, you may still be happy, though you may shed tears. It is all right to shed tears, for this does not need to betray a greater happiness within you, for these also may be tears of happiness. Happiness is not a form of behavior. Let us remind you of this. It is a sense of inner satisfaction. Knowledge will give this to you because it will simplify your life and allow your mind to concentrate on that which it is given to do in reality. This will empower you, simplify you and provide a greater harmony than you could have known before.

Therefore, in your two practice periods today, allow your mind to enter stillness once again. This is a time of quietude. This is not a practice of mental investigation, but a practice of mental stillness.

Practice 107: Two 30-minute practice periods.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 3, 2013 Round One: This is a very relevant Step for me today, since a situation has occurred that could rob me of my happiness if I let it. But I find that I am still happy, I still have a sense of inner satisfaction, I am able to concentrate my mind on the true things and not allow it to be burdened by unproductive emotions that only clutter my mind. So I can vouch that Knowledge is simplifying my life today, empowering me, and providing a greater harmony even in the face of adversity.

November 6, 2014 Round Two: "
Genuine happiness is a sense of self, a sense of wholeness and satisfaction."

I can affirm that this is pretty much my state of being these days, in fact, really I can say I have been happy most of my life, it is my natural state. I don’t have to try to be happy, I don’t have to put a false smile on my face and pretend. My inner state is one of satisfaction and quiet joy. It is not something I have to learn or practice to make my own. It is something that comes to me naturally, I don’t even really think about it, for if something does occur to darken my mood and cloud my inner happiness, it is brief and temporary. I find I can quickly restore my equilibrium, my quiet confidence that all is in order in my life. 

When I turn things over to Knowledge, nothing can go wrong. Turning things over to Knowledge and releasing my hold on the reins is the same as turning things over to God’s will and releasing my own. If Knowledge is not offended, then neither am I. If Knowledge is happy today, then so am I.


October 16, 2018 Round Three: This is an appropriate Step today after yesterday’s blahness and feeling out of sorts. Today I feel light and in balance again. Today I have that inner satisfaction, wholeness and feeling of happiness. I am enjoying this time of quietude.

I had a powerful stillness practice from 4.57 - 5.27. I entered fully into stillness, that expansive space full of golden light and just experienced it with no thoughts or claims. I danced with all my children when the alarm went off. I did not want to come out of stillness sooner.

I listened to two New Message broadcasts later and found some new understanding and helpful concepts. The broadcasts were called Entering a New World Reality and How the New World Reality Connects to You.

Here is a quote from a revelation called "How to Regard the Messenger" not yet released.

"The great Revelations bring not only prophecy and clarification, inspiration and spiritual power. They really are to change the world."

Reed talked at the beginning, before Marshall made his appearance, about how he and Patricia had been perusing the revelations for mentions of "new reality" and found it was used in two ways, with two meanings - 1) a new world reality for the future - where we are headed and 2) a new reality within - when we integrate the new reality inside us, it becomes our experience, things become real (I could relate to this).

And what Marshall said right at the end of his talk really touched me. He talked about how a new life is a focused life when you have a narrow band of influences, a narrow band of activities, where you are not losing energy to people, places and things - an inspired and determined life. I feel this applies to me. He said, "At the end all that matters is what you do,  what you serve and why you serve. This is what Heaven looks for in you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen