Step One Hundred and Fifteen


Step 115. Today I Will Listen To The Power Of Knowledge.
Today listen to the power of Knowledge. It requires your attention. It requires your desire. It requires the relinquishment of things which preoccupy and concern you, things you cannot resolve on your own. Listen to Knowledge today so that it may comfort you and abide with you. In its silence, you will find solid reassurance and confidence as well. For if Knowledge is silent, you need not have anxiety about your life, and if Knowledge speaks, you need only follow so that you may learn the power of Knowledge for you.

You become still because Knowledge is still. You become capable of action because Knowledge is capable of action. You learn to speak with simplicity because Knowledge speaks with simplicity. You learn to be at ease because Knowledge is at ease. You learn to give because Knowledge gives. It is to re-engage you in relationship with your Knowledge that you are now engaged in this program of development.

Upon the hour today, remind yourself to listen to Knowledge and take a moment to do so in whatever circumstance you find yourself. Your first activity in listening is stillness. Practice this in greater depth in your two meditation practices today, where you practice stillness and receptivity because you wish to listen to Knowledge today.

Practice 115: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 12, 2013 Round One: I am beginning to distinguish between what comes from Knowledge and what comes from the chattering of my own mind. There is a deeper and still quality about Knowledge, a “knowing” that does not need to be questioned or doubted, a “feeling” that is just there and bears no description or analysis. As I practice listening to the power of Knowledge, everything extraneous falls away and the connection with my Source becomes stronger.

November 15, 2014 Round Two: I am listening for the power of Knowledge today because I really need some guidance about something, but Knowledge is silent. In fact I am hearing that it won’t make a difference what I do. I am hearing “carry on.” I can do the running around to do what I am being asked to do, but it won’t really matter in the end. 

In Secrets of Heaven (p. 273) it says that Knowledge does not provide choices, when the truth is apparent I will know what to do. And on p. 269 it says that as Knowledge becomes the dominant force in your awareness, it becomes impossible to make a mistake. But this requires a very developed state. I guess I have not reached this “very developed state” yet, so I am still trying to discern what Knowledge is telling me. 

I trust I will know as I continue this journey. 


P.S. It did matter in the end. I renewed my British passport and was able to travel with no hitches to my mother's memorial celebration in Arizona in December 2016. I also reconnected with my daughter Claire, and that has made all the difference.

October 24, 2018 Round Three: If Knowledge is silent, I do not need to have anxiety about my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen