Step Sixty-Three

NewMessage.org/Steps
Step 63. Review
As before, in your review review the past week of practice and learn the extent of your involvement and how it can be increased and enhanced. This week your practice has been expanded. It has been taken into the world with you to be applied in all manner of situations, regardless of your emotional states, regardless of the emotional states of those who influence you and regardless of where you are and what you are doing. In this way, everything becomes part of your practice. The world, then, instead of being a fearful place that oppresses you, becomes a useful place to cultivate Knowledge.

Realize the strength that you are given when you are able to practice regardless of your emotional states, for you are greater than your emotions, and you need not repress them to realize this. To become objective with your own internal states, you must operate from a position where you can observe them and where you are not dominated by them. This will allow you to become present to yourself and will give you true compassion and understanding. Then you will not be a tyrant with yourself, and tyranny in your life will come to an end.

In your one long practice period, evaluate this prior week as carefully as possible without condemnation. Remember that you are learning how to practice. Remember that you are learning to develop your skills. Remember that you are a student. Be a beginning student, for a beginning student makes few assumptions and wishes to learn everything.

Practice 63:
 
One long practice period.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.


January 23, 2012 Round One: This is my experience, that the world is a useful place to cultivate Knowledge, and it is indeed very empowering to feel that I can practice regardless of my emotional state. Also I find I am able to observe these states, which helps me not to be dominated by them. This is not always easy, since emotions have the tendency to sweep over me and carry me away in their path, preventing any objectivity. However, I am practicing this objectivity as best I can and developing my skills. All in all I am pleased with my progress.

September 12, 2014 Round Two: This review has confirmed for me how Steps are becoming integrated into my life as a whole. They are not something I practice separately at specific times of the day, but are part and parcel of my general being. I feel as though I am able to be present to myself, observe myself objectively and not be totally swept away by my emotions. I do have the tendency, however, to allow emotions to get the better of me, but I am able to stand back and observe myself, conscious of the fact that it is my emotions taking hold. Then I can take another step back and correct them, meaning adjust my state.



I am appreciating the opportunity to cultivate listening, non-judgment, love and self-acceptance, patience, the reclamation of Knowledge, and the freedom to follow what I know in my heart to be true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Thirty-Seven

Step Two Hundred and Fourteen

Step One Hundred and Ninety-Eight