Skip to main content

Step Sixty-Eight


Still no peace in Ukraine's Lugansk Region

Step 68. I Will Not Lose Faith In Myself Today.
Do not lose faith in yourself today. Maintain your practice. Maintain your intention to learn. Be without conclusions. Have this openness and this vulnerability. Truth exists without your attempting to fortify yourself. Allow yourself to be a recipient of it.

Upon each hour today practice reminding yourself that you will not lose faith in yourself today. Do not lose faith in Knowledge, in the presence of your Teachers, in the beneficence of life or in your mission in the world. Allow all these things to be affirmed so that they may fully reveal themselves to you in time. If you are present to them, they will become so obvious to you that you will see and feel them in all things. Your vision of the world will be transformed. Your experience of the world will be transformed. And all of your power and energy will unite to express itself.

Do not lose faith in yourself today.

Practice 68: Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/


Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

February 2, 2013 Round One: It is almost uncanny how the Steps seem to anticipate where I am today. I have been in what might be described as a slump and this Step today is a very appropriate reminder not to lose faith, but to keep on going, with the assurance that all will be more fully revealed in time, things will pick up, I will bounce back, and my experience of the world will be transformed. I need this reminder today about not losing faith in myself and what I am doing.

September 18, 2014 Round Two: I like what Mary brought my attention to on the Free School Forum the first time I did this Step:

During the recent Vigil, Marshall said his practice is to see circumstances from the perspective of his Teachers, to keep Them in mind always. And he said this could become our practice, too. I see our hourly practice as a gentle way to begin this consistent awareness, though at the beginning it's more like, "Stop losing faith in yourself today!"

At the beginning of the day, I was inclined not to have faith in myself, but thankfully I got over it.


As I practiced and reminded myself not to lose faith in myself throughout the day, I came to the realization that days of not having faith in myself are pretty much a thing of the past. I have reached a new plateau, so to speak, regarding faith in myself and have come to accept that I have the power to manifest what I want in my life. It is my choice.

One thing I have been doubting about myself recently is my ability to know the truth through all the jumbled information we are shown on the news about what is going on in the world today. 

I have no intention of talking politics here, but I did want to explain a little about the photo I used today. I saw it in the news strip in my Internet browser this morning and it immediately attracted my attention. 


The article accompanying it is in Russian of course telling of how more than a million people in the north of the Lugansk Region are without electricity after a transformer of the Donbass Fuel and Energy Company was hit by a missile. This is after the supposed peace agreement went into force and people naively thought they could return home.


The whole situation reinforces my determination to have faith in myself and not fall victim to the fear, panic and terror that frequently sweep the world.

August 30, 2018 Round Three: Again, this is the perfect step for me today. I smiled and let out a sigh of relief as soon as I saw the title. Yesterday’s setback with Ursula could have propelled me back down the road of doubt, guilt and self-blame. But I have reconciled myself with my past and no longer blame myself for anything that has happened with my family. Everyone can choose their own way of dealing with it, or not, as the case may be. I understand Ursula from her perspective, even though she may not be right. I am not losing faith in Knowledge, in the presence of my Teachers, in the beneficence of life, or in my mission in the world. My vision of the world has been transformed, because I am present to these things, they are obvious to me. All my power and energy will unite to express itself.

I am taking Marshall’s advice as quoted by Mary above. I am seeing these circumstances from the point of view of my Teachers. I believe my Teachers want me to rise above this and see if from a deeper, more expansive perspective.

Things are good again between me and Ursula. We had a good talk at breakfast. We are back on the same page. We have reached a new level of understanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen