Step Thirty-Nine


Painting by Stanka Kordic "A Moment of Recognition"

Step 39. The Power Of God Is With Me.
The power of god is with you. It is within your Knowledge. Learn, then, to reclaim your Knowledge, and you will learn to reclaim the power that God has given you, and you will reclaim your power as well, for your power will be necessary for you to approach God’s power. Thus, all that is genuinely powerful and all that which is genuinely good will be affirmed within you and within God. Let this day, then, be a day given to experiencing this presence and this power in your life. You need not imagine God in fantasy. You need not have pictures or images to reinforce your understanding or belief. You need only utilize the practices that are given here.

In your two deep meditation practices of 30 minutes each, once again enter into stillness and allow yourself to feel the power of God. Utilize your own power to direct your mind, and do not let doubts or fears dissuade you. The power of God represents the mystery of your life, for it represents the power that you have brought with you from God to be utilized properly in the world according to the Greater Plan. Allow yourself, then, to enter into practice with dedication, with simplicity and with humility so that you may feel the power of God.

Practice 39:
 Two 30-minute practice periods.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/


Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

December 16, 2012 Round One: It's amazing how one Step leads on logically to the next - I wrote about how empowering the previous Step was, and now this Step is all about power. And I recognize this power today. I had an experience yesterday where I was able to transform thoughts that bring me anguish into something good and non-threatening, and that fits perfectly with what it says in this step.

"Utilize your own power to direct your mind, and do not let doubts or fears dissuade you. The power of God represents the mystery of your life, for it represents the power that you have brought with you from God to be utilized properly in the world according to the Greater Plan."

August 9, 2014 Round Two: The power of God is in relationship. This power draws me to connect with other people on the same path, people who share the same frame of reference, similar goals, similar strivings, who join in communion in a moment of recognition. It happens when I do something I feel drawn to do and it evokes a response that I am not expecting. This for me is the power of God.

I cannot force it, I will not fantasize about it, I can only recognize it when it manifests in my experience.

July 26, 2018 Round Three: The power of God is with me, within my Knowledge. It represents the mystery of my life, it represents the power I have brought with me from God to be utilized in the world according to the Greater Plan. I am to feel it in my deep meditation practices and enter stillness with dedication, simplicity and humility.

First 30-min practice - 5.03 - 5.33. In the greenhouse - quite and calm. Masha was too busy to find me. Volodya never stirred. I entered stillness with dedication, simplicity and humility. I saw different eyes (one eye, not both) appear and disappear behind my eyelids. Different configurations of violet light like yesterday. Only this time there were at least seven or eight different eyes - my Teachers. I felt myself wrapped in the warm, soft golden glow of the Creator’s realm where the energy is strong and impartial. I feel the benevolence of God enfolding me, it is warm and loving, but not personal. I feel my mind expanding outward. It is boundless. I removed Claire’s voices and her mind was enveloped in a cocoon of golden light - protecting her. There is no doubt about the power of God that abides with me, filling me, empowering me. My mind is open to receive.

I invited korrlenn on Vesvalo to come and visit me.

Second 30-min practice - 20.44 - 21.14. It was a full and active day. I didn’t have a minute to rest all day. I was busy making lunch and cabbage patties, then preserving cucumbers, then watering the plants. I dozed off naturally, but was still basically cognizant. I did not see the lights behind my eyelids, but I felt the presence of God.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen