Step Fifty-Two


Step 52. I Am Free To Find The Source Of My Knowledge.
The source of your Knowledge exists within you and beyond you as well. There is no distinction to the source of Knowledge where it exists, for it is everywhere. Your life has been saved because God has planted Knowledge within you. But you will not realize your salvation until Knowledge has been allowed to emerge and to bestow its gifts upon you. What other freedom is free except that which enables you to receive the gift of your true life? All other freedom is the freedom to be chaotic, the freedom to harm yourself. The great freedom is to find your Knowledge and to allow it to express itself through you. Today you are free to find the source of your Knowledge.

In your two practice periods in stillness, receive the source of your Knowledge. Remind yourself that you are free to do this. Regardless of fear or anxiety, regardless of any sense of guilt or shame, allow yourself to receive the source of your Knowledge. You are free to receive the source of your Knowledge today.

Practice 52:
 
Two 30-minute practice periods.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

January 9, 2013 Round One: When I was doing the Step 49 Review, I became very aware that Knowledge exists in everyone, regardless of whether they are aware of it or not. Some people (maybe even most) may never become aware of it, at least not now, but this does not deny the fact it exists. This made me more aware of my connection with everyone else, that Knowledge is what binds us all, what we all have in common. It is delightful when people become consciously aware of this Knowledge within themselves and make a conscious effort to follow it, but I feel that even without this conscious awareness, people (some people) can still lead worthy lives, and my awareness that Knowledge exists in them regardless fills me with greater empathy and love for others.

Of course, it is better to be aware of Knowledge and allow it to emerge, consciously preparing to receive it. I am trying to do this. I truly wish to receive the source of my Knowledge and allow it to express itself through me. 

August 30, 2014 Round Two: The source of my Knowledge lies in the bright emptiness beyond my surface mind. I wish to penetrate that light-filled space to receive the gift of my True Life. My attention has been drawn on several occasions over the past few days to the importance of this emptiness. One very special and dear friend on the same spiritual path and page as I am wrote the following to me in an email this morning about the importance of “allowing for emptiness in our lives, allow for there to be space that is not taken up by doing things or thinking about doing things or just thinking. In this empty space Knowledge will emerge.”

My attention was also drawn to this quote from Chapter 34: Walking the Way of Knowledge from Wisdom from the Greater Community, Vol. 2:
"To see and to think clearly, one’s mind must be unfettered."
 I am practicing this unfettering of the mind, cultivating emptiness, allowing for this space to open up for Knowledge to emerge. I cannot vouch for making any perceptible progress so far, all I can say is that I have the desire. My efforts in my practices are exerted to this end. I find it helpful to have a place I can visualize where I will find the source of my Knowledge. The image I found to illustrate this Step resonates perfectly with what I see in my mind’s eye when I enter stillness to receive the source of my Knowledge—a bright, light-filled sandy cave entrance that entices me to explore further.
August 14, 2018 Round Three: The key concept here for me today is “allowing.” Yes, Knowledge is in everyone, but most are unaware of it, and there are also those who may have an inkling, but are afraid of the consequences, so do not allow Knowledge to emerge in them. For Knowledge to be allowed to emerge, a person must have a certain degree of fearlessness and willingness to face whatever comes. I am fearless and willing, so I allow myself to receive the source of my Knowledge, allow it to emerge and allow it to express itself through me. I am a yielding and open channel. Knowledge is everywhere - within me and beyond me. All I need to do is tap into it and allow it to bestow its gifts on me.
First practice - I was out in the garden at 4.45, stretching and greeting the day. The sky was clear with a few cloud patterns. The grass was cool and damp under my bare feet. I decided to water the peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and squash still growing in the garden. It is recommended to water early in the morning, before the sun fully rises, but I never seem to have the time. Today I took the time. It took me 20 minutes. Then I sat on the bench by the birch tree and entered stillness. I began at 5.10. I went to a huge cave full of diamonds - this is the treasure-trove of Knowledge. It is vast and boundless, it holds all that is needed for everyone. It is unfathomable. I received my part and went with my angel to a forest grove - bright, luminescent, the source of my Knowledge radiating out in a white orb. My country house is there. I felt sufficiently satiated after 20 minutes. I looked at the time at precisely 5.30. I am feeling like writing a post called “There is a Certain Ambience in Sound” illustrated by Hilary’s music. I posted River of Love on my FB page.

Second practice - resting after lunch - 14.30 - 15.00. Up to my elbows in cucumbers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen