Step Twelve

Lake McDonald, Montana, USA.

Step 12. My Individuality Is To Express Life Itself.
Here your uniqueness is a great asset and a source of joy, not a source of painful alienation and not a source of painful judgment against yourself or others. This distinction does not elevate you above or place you below anyone else. It merely pinpoints the real purpose behind your individuality and its great promise for the future. You are here to express something. That is the real meaning given to your individuality because you do not want to be separate anymore.

On two occasions today, practice two periods of silence exercising the practice that we have illustrated thus far.

Practice 12: Two 15-minute practice periods.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/


Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

November 16, 2012 Round One: This Step really resonates with me because it seems to highlight the new quality I have been feeling in life lately (since I began studying the New Message and Steps to Knowledge). By quality, I don't mean higher/lower, better/worse, but a new "feel" that is difficult to put into words, a special peace or stillness, an inner knowing that all is well and unfolding just as it should, although nothing has particularly changed in my daily life, if anything new challenges and problems to tackle have been added.

I am here to express something and this "something" relates to the part I play in the whole, not something that relates to me personally, as an individual, but to my essence as a drop in the ocean of life, the part of me that contributes to all that is. This is what I understand now.

July 7, 2014 Round Two: First practice – this time, I am much more aware that I am not alienated from the rest of life on one level. I may lead a secluded life (I am very home-based and find a simpler, quieter life much more to my liking), but this does not prevent me from feeling a part of all of life, from feeling that I am part of the whole, from feeling I have a part to play, something to express, something to contribute to the world and humanity.

Second practice – I have dwelled on painful alienation and painful judgment of myself and others in the past. Now I see how this serves no useful purpose, no useful purpose at all. What matters is expressing what I have to give. That is what has value, that is what is useful, that is the real meaning given to my individuality. I am being called upon to express my part in the whole, and I want to do this to the best of my ability.

June 28, 2018 Round Three: I have chosen this physical existence to express life, so my individuality is not a burden, but an asset, and I should find joy in this. I am not to judge myself or others for how we express our individuality in the world. Most people do not know how to do this, it is not their fault, so I cannot feel disdain and animosity. I will express my individuality in the most loving and accepting way I can.

First stillness practice - 4.23-4.38. Descended into a bright, luminous space, felt the benevolence of Knowledge. It is vast and all-knowing. It is still and clear. It envelops me in its embrace and I feel a deep contentment and affirmation of what I know.

Second stillness practice - 20.00-20.15 Some distraction, focusing on Claire and her wholeness. Entered vast luminous space of benevolence, was able to hold myself there for short periods. It is filled with a divine, loving Presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen