Step Three Hundred and Fifty-Eight



Krasnaya Ushna, Russia

Step 358. I Wish To Be At Home In The World.

You wish to be at home in the world. You have not come here to escape the world. You have come here to be at home in the world. Understanding this will enable you to value your contribution and engage yourself completely in its expression. To escape the world without contributing to the world will only compound your dilemma, and you will return to your Spiritual Family with your gifts unopened and undelivered. You will then realize that you must return because the work that you set out to accomplish in the world was not accomplished.

Be glad, then, that you are in the world now and that you need not wait to re-enter. You are here already. You have progressed this far. You are in the perfect position to fulfill your destiny here. You have brought your Ancient Home with you—within the seed and within the light of your Knowledge, which is now growing, emerging and sprouting forth.

The world is not your home, but you are meant to be at home in the world. Upon the hour think of this and realize how much you want to be at home in the world. Realize how much you do not want to condemn the world or simply escape from the world. When you are at home in the world, you will be able to move beyond the world to serve in a greater way and to experience a greater reality than the world can present to you. But you will not leave with regret, with anger or with disappointment. You will leave with happiness and satisfaction. This will complete your experience here. This will bless the world and will bless you who have blessed yourself and the world while you were in the world.

In your deeper meditation practices, allow yourself to seriously consider what home means to you. Again, this is a practice of active mental engagement. Utilize your mind to consider the important things that are being given to you now. You will need to examine all the thoughts you have in relation to today’s idea in order to understand how you are approaching today’s idea and how you will respond to it. The power of decision is yours, but you must understand the current content of your mind. With this, you will be able to make an appropriate and wise decision on your own behalf, within your range of responsibility. You are meant to be at home in the world. Bring home with you so that others may feel at home in the world. In this way, the world becomes blessed because it is not a place apart any longer. Do not escape the world today, but be present to serve the world.

Practice 358: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.



Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/


Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

June 14, 2014 Round One: I have not come here to escape the world. I have come here to be at home in the world. So often in the past I have felt so not at home in the world and wanted to escape it. I am often very uncomfortable around people, particularly if they are loud and boorish, and I want to escape. But perhaps this is Knowledge keeping me away from places I do not need to go and people I do not need to communicate with. I need to keep the channels of communication open though in order to make my contribution to the world, otherwise I may miss what I am supposed to do, miss some opportunity that is presenting itself. 

A good case in point – the first night camping we ended up near a group of people who were very rambunctious and loud. Really I find it very hard to understand people who travel out into the peace and quiet of the countryside and spend their time with their car stereos blasting, and when the music stops they still yell at each other at the tops of their voices. It is as though silence and stillness are an anathema to them, they cannot be without noise. I tolerated it, but we moved on the next morning. We found a quiet secluded forest lake, only to be pursued within ten minutes by another car. This time though it was locals stopping by to view the lake. I greeted the woman as she approached. I had been consciously concentrating on thoughts about the house I would love to have in the country as we drove along the road prior to this. I was mentally saying to myself, lead me to my country home! Almost the first thing the woman said to me after I said hello was, would you like to buy a house and plot of land in a nearby village, and she named a very reasonable price. 

The world is not my home, but I am meant to be at home in the world. I will not escape the world, but be present to serve the world.

When we stopped by the village to look at the house and the plot of land being offered, my heart sang, not because it was ideal (far from it, it will require a lot of work), but because I felt at home. I felt this was a place I could live, be at home and serve in the world.

August 5, 2015 Round Two: Needless to say, we did not end up buying that house and plot of land, there were too many other problems involved. It proved not to be the country home I was looking for. However, this year I am living my country life and feel so at home. I am not escaping the world, even though I am far from the madding crowd. I am still engaged and sharing and contributing. Only I am doing this from a place that is simpler, more natural, healthier, calmer, more beautiful, more integrating, more conducive to my reclamation of Knowledge and my finding my True Self.

The world is not your home, but you are meant to be at home in the world.”

I am feeling more at home in the world, although still there can be much abrasion in relationships. There are not many people I feel on the same wavelength with, people with whom I feel totally at ease. So more often than not I feel at home in the world when there are fewer people I have to deal with. Does this mean I am isolating and escaping the world? I don’t think so. Different people have different issues to deal with, and we can’t all get along. I need to find an environment I feel most comfortable in and do my part as best as I can.

“Be glad, then, that you are in the world now and that you need not wait to re-enter. You are here already. You have progressed this far. You are in the perfect position to fulfill your destiny here.”


These sentences particularly drew my attention this time. This is something very important to consider and appreciate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Thirty-Seven

Step One Hundred and Ninety-Eight

Step Two Hundred and Twenty-Three