Step Three Hundred and Twenty-Seven

"It looks as though God is painting in the sky" – Ursula (age 3).
Step 327. I Will Be At Peace Today.
You can be at peace today, even while you consider greater things in the world and beyond the world. You can be at peace today even while you meet the challenge of becoming a student of Knowledge and the challenge of observing your world with objectivity. How can you be so active and have such challenge and still be at peace? The answer is that Knowledge is with you. As you abide with Knowledge, feel Knowledge and carry Knowledge out into the world, within yourself you will be still, though on the outside you may be actively engaged. There is no contradiction between peace and movement, between inner stillness and outer engagement. Though the world is a difficult and frustrating place to be, it is a natural recipient of Knowledge. Its difficulties and its frustrations need not affect your internal state, which is becoming ever more unified and harmonious.

Remind yourself upon the hour to be at peace while you are in the world. Release all fear and anxiety and fortify your adherence to Knowledge as you do so. In your two deeper practice periods when you take refuge from the world, rekindle the fire of Knowledge and take comfort in its warm presence. Realize that within this fire all things that are imaginary and harmful are consumed. The fire of Knowledge will not burn you, but it will warm your soul. You can enter this fire without fear of pain or harm. It will purify and cleanse you, for it is the fire of love. Today be at peace, for today is a day of peace, and peace is given you to receive this day.

Practice 327: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

May 14, 2014 Round One: “There is no contradiction between peace and movement, between inner stillness and outer engagement.”

This resonates with me.

I am beginning to experience that state of abiding with Knowledge and feeling Knowledge, which creates a feeling of peace inside, even though things may not be peaceful on the outside. I can still be a calm island in a raging sea. The outer turmoil of the world need not ruffle my inner stillness, I can be inwardly calm and outwardly engaged at the same time. This state of being is very potent, it serves me well as I go about my daily life. I like to be a peace.

July 3, 2015 Round Two: This is a very appropriate step for me today. Tomorrow I will leave my country haven to return to the city for a short while (thank goodness it will be short) and I am not looking forward to it. Every fiber of my being wishes to stay here and not leave. But circumstances say I must vacate my new home for a while (the landlord and his family will be coming to mark the first anniversary of his wife’s passing and I feel it is only appropriate to give them the privacy and space to do this).
“Its [the world’s] difficulties and its frustrations need not affect your internal state, which is becoming ever more unified and harmonious.”
I wish to retain my inner balance during this time, steadfast in the knowledge that I will return and all will continue to unfold harmoniously here. The fire of Knowledge will continue to warm me. I am at peace.

Charri writes in her blog today about the peace that being creative brings, about how healing creativity is and how it comes from a deeper place in us, the place that is connected with our Source (God) (my interpretation of her words). I couldn’t agree more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Thirty-Seven

Step Two Hundred and Fourteen

Step One Hundred and Ninety-Eight