Step Three Hundred and Thirty-Two



Step 332. I Am Only Beginning To Comprehend The Meaning Of Knowledge In My Life.

You are only beginning to comprehend this, for your comprehension will be born of experience, recognition and the result of your application. Because you are a beginning student of Knowledge, you have a beginning comprehension. Take heart in this, for this frees you from attempting to draw conclusions about your participation and about your life. Thus, you need not attempt the impossible and can relieve your mind of a great burden that would otherwise overshadow your happiness and dispel your sense of peace and meaningful activity today. When you accept that you are only beginning to comprehend the meaning of your life and the meaning of Knowledge within your life, this frees you to participate and to learn more. Without the burden of judgment, which you would place upon your life otherwise, you are free to participate and your participation will make you free.

Remind yourself upon the hour that you are only beginning to comprehend the meaning of Knowledge in your life. In your deeper practice periods, once again enter your sanctuary of Knowledge so that your capacity for Knowledge may grow, your desire for Knowledge may grow and your experience of Knowledge may grow. Only as these things grow can your comprehension grow. Therefore, you are freed from judgment. You are free to participate, where all understanding will emerge.

Practice
 332: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.



Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

May 19, 2014 Round One: “When you accept that you are only beginning to comprehend the meaning of your life and the meaning of Knowledge within your life, this frees you to participate and to learn more.”


I am beginning to experience this freeing feeling, the less I know and the more I accept that I am a beginning student with a lot still to learn, the freer I am to keep on learning and the more I want to learn. When I entered my sanctuary of Knowledge today, the fire of Knowledge was roaring and swept through me, cleansing and purifying my mind. I embrace this gushing effervescence of Knowledge within me and wish to spread it out into the world.

I am happy to have a beginning comprehension.
“Take heart in this, for this frees you from attempting to draw conclusions about your participation and about your life.”

As someone who tends to want to know what is going to happen before I get there, this helps to put things into clearer perspective.


July 18, 2015 Round Two: Today I am happy not to know how everything will pan out. I am happy to know that I am only beginning to comprehend Knowledge in my life. And indeed I am. My experience is that things happen as they will happen, without any orchestrating on my part. In fact, when I try to orchestrate, I only get frustrated. It is better to just allow life to take its course, confident that all is in divine order and I can rest assured that all is unfolding in the best possible way. And this is not a cop-out, I don’t just sit around doing nothing, resting on my laurels. I am active in doing things. It’s just there is a subtle difference between forcing things and just allowing things to happen as they will. I take a step, but then I accept that it may not always take me where I was intending to go. And I adjust my expectations accordingly.

Later on in the day I had a meltdown. I was unable to withstand the bureaucratic insanity I was subjected to and lost it. I could not hold back the tears, and worst of all I could not hold them back in front of the woman who was dealing with my paperwork. I never really wanted this pension raise anyway, I thought it would be a hassle, and although it all went remarkably smoothly at first, of course, I had to run into some tangles. I just felt the full brunt of my continued vulnerability. I feel as though I am totally clueless when out in the world. All my training and practice in reclaiming Knowledge and dealing with world seem lost on me. I am worse than a beginning student, I am a total dunce. I don’t even feel as though I am even beginning to comprehend the meaning of Knowledge in my life. I am up the creek and have lost my paddle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Thirty-Seven

Step One Hundred and Ninety-Eight

Step Two Hundred and Twenty-Three